posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Hello again...

I used to visit here, occasionally, years ago, when I was lurking
without a boat and then posted a few times once I got my first boat -
a Sweden 36. My most memorable post back then (if any of these can be
"memorable") was a web application I built - sort of a Mad Libs thing
- that "Nealified" one's accomplishments to make them all the more
obnoxious and unrealistic (cedar bucket, yellow, so so brilliant, so
many women...).

Since then, it's a marriage, two kids, a boat sale, several years of
cranking away at a computer, and a divorce. I got my second boat - a
Taswell 43, "Chemistry" a year and a half ago, left Seattle, and and
am currently sitting at anchor in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico.

Anyway, that's long enough for a "hello again" post. I'll be around.

Take care,
Pants
www.tacotraveler.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Andypants" wrote in message
[...]

Nice blogsite... San Carlos is a nice place. How long do you expect to be
there?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Andypants" wrote in message
[...]

Have you ever seen King Vidor's silent classic "The Crowd"?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Oct 21, 3:57*pm, "Charles Momsen" wrote:

Have you ever seen King Vidor's silent classic "The Crowd"?

Haven't seen that - though I just looked it up. I'll check it out.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Oct 21, 3:37*pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Nice blogsite... San Carlos is a nice place. How long do you expect to be
there?

Thanks, JG. I'm not sure how long I'll be in & around San Carlos.
Still lots to do (cleaning / maintenance after 4 months on the hard in
Marina Seca), and I have to keep Internet (I still work), but I may
hop across the Sea to Santa Rosalia, or visit friends in La Paz before
coming back to San Carlos or Guaymas to fly back to the states (&
visit my boys) mid-November.

I like San Carlos, but it's easy to get too comfortable here with all
the gringos. One of my favorite places this past year was one of the
more authentically Mexican places - San Blas. For hanging out with
other gringo sailors, I liked La Cruz de Huanacaxtle better than San
Carlos, though I discover more about San Carlos every day - most of it
good.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Looks like you've been travelling in the S of C for a while. Nice place...
did a charter out of La Paz and made it up to Agua Verde, which was
beautiful, but our favorite places were on the islands Isla Espiritu Santo
and Isla Partida. Beautiful anchorages and we were basically alone. The only
issue was a rather strong El Norte, which kept us holed up for a couple of
days... sustained 35 kts at night with slightly higher during the day, which
after 2 days tapered off to about 20. Fortunately, we had good holding in
about 10 feet of water just south of Agua Verde, with no one else around.