posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default O/T Is this true?

said:
Really? *Please quote the clause in the Community Reinvestment Act that
told investment banks to leverage their position in subprime CD0s to
suicidal heights. *...... *A healthy bank can withstand a 25% default rate in
the subprime sector, leverage that risk to 33-1, as one bank did, and
it's bye-bye. *Greed and bad business practices brought on this mess.

Dave wrote:
I think you'd best go take a nap while those who know something about the
topic have this discussion.

Looks like he he does know something about it....

....something you'd rather sweep under the rug in the rush to blame
those evil libby-rull Democrats!

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:44:17 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Who was it that said "I am confident about the American economy"?

I guess since about 7/8 years ago when I was saying it wasn't so good.

???? Are you perhaps answering the wrong message? The question was a "who"
question, not a "when" or "since"
question.

You're right. My mistake. You said it, although not exactly as typed.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

Who was it that said "I am confident about the American economy"?

I guess since about 7/8 years ago when I was saying it wasn't so good.

???? Are you perhaps answering the wrong message? Maybe you're smoking
something? What I asked was: Who was it that said "I am confident about
the
American economy"? Your answer seems to have nothing to do with the
question. The question was a "who" question, not a "when" or "since"
question.

Oh, I get it... you mean this quote, of which you convenient left out the
last part...

"I am confident about the American economy. But we're going to have to have
some leadership in Washington."

The answer is Sen. Barack Obama.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:03:37 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Who was it that said "I am confident about the American economy"?

I guess since about 7/8 years ago when I was saying it wasn't so good.

???? Are you perhaps answering the wrong message? The question was a
"who"
question, not a "when" or "since"
question.

You're right. My mistake. You said it, although not exactly as typed.

Nope. Not even close. That's an exact quote from your boy Obama in the
last
debate.

No, it's not an exact quote. You shouldn't fib, especially when it's easy to
check.

"I am confident about the American economy. But we're going to have to have
some leadership in Washington."

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 9 Oct 2008 13:47:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:02:10 -0400, said:

If you would stop spelling government in cutesey baby-talk, you might
gain at least slight credibility, Dave. Not guaranteed, of course...

It's a literary allusion, Not at All. Ever read Huckleberry Finn?

With apologies to Lloyd Bentsen, you, sir, are no Mark Twain!

When you do it, it's just baby-talk.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:22:52 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Who was it that said "I am confident about the American economy"?

I guess since about 7/8 years ago when I was saying it wasn't so good.

???? Are you perhaps answering the wrong message? The question was a
"who"
question, not a "when" or "since"
question.

You're right. My mistake. You said it, although not exactly as typed.

Nope. Not even close. That's an exact quote from your boy Obama in the
last
debate.

Perhaps someone can see a difference between the sentence I quoted and the
first sentence you quoted. I don't see it.

Yes. That's clear.

No, it's not an exact quote. You shouldn't fib, especially when it's easy
check.

"I am confident about the American economy. But we're going to have to
have
some leadership in Washington."

Here's your guy in Washington (btw, the Dow dropped 679 points today... the
economy is doing great!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDofbll86dY

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:53:04 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

an institution of which he's a part.

I don't think so.

Really? So you don't believe you have any say about how we govern
ourselves....

Well, I do go to the polls and vote. Does that mean I'm a part of the
guvmint?

It means you are part of the problem. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 9 Oct 2008 15:20:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:03:37 -0700, "Capt. JG" said:

Who was it that said "I am confident about the American economy"?

I guess since about 7/8 years ago when I was saying it wasn't so good.

???? Are you perhaps answering the wrong message? The question was a "who"
question, not a "when" or "since"
question.

You're right. My mistake. You said it, although not exactly as typed.

Nope. Not even close. That's an exact quote from your boy Obama in the last
debate.

What he said was that he had faith in the economy as far as it's
ability to eventually recover. He did not say it was good now. He said
quite the opposite.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 9 Oct 2008 15:28:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:53:04 -0700, "Capt. JG" said:

an institution of which he's a part.

I don't think so.

Really? So you don't believe you have any say about how we govern
ourselves....

Well, I do go to the polls and vote. Does that mean I'm a part of the
guvmint?

Only if you believe in Democracy. In a Democracy, the citizens own the
government (that's "guvmint", for all you three year olds)

Is it true... John H[_3_] General 2 August 30th 08 02:57 PM
It's True, It's True Wavy G ASA 0 February 8th 07 11:23 PM
Ain't it true! Bob Crantz ASA 32 March 18th 06 03:51 AM
True "true wind" & the Raymarine ST60, or other b393capt Electronics 23 December 23rd 05 12:33 AM