posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default McCain calls it quits and rejoins the campaign!

This is really getting confusing. Is he or is he not going to debate Obama?
It's hard to tell. I think the latest is that he's going to show up. Let's
hope so, so maybe the real negotiators can get back to work. They pretty
much had an agreement, then McCain shows up, the Republicans (who he mostly
ignores anyway) decide magnanimously to throw him a bone, and the
negotiations fall apart.

Also, someone sent me a suggestion as an alternative to the bailout. I think
the free-market-no-restraints-or-regulations people will like it:
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a "We Deserve
It" Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S.
Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child.
So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up. So divide 200
million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a "We Deserve It"
Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.
Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.
That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband
and wife have $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there safe in a bank - create money to
loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs.

Invest in the market - capital drives growth.

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves.

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else.

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who
lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting
back.

And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S
Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back
to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector
bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't. Sure it's a crazy idea
that can "never work." But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!
How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to know
how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the
geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, this plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5
Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:39:58 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

[...]

Your math is off. Each person under your plan gets $425.

Damn. Well, it sounded good! I know... Paulson can propose it as stated and
see if anyone in Congress notices!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

And remember, this plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5
Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Classic Dem scheme. Take $85 billion in taxes from the people who earn it,
send back $59.5 billion distributed in such a fashion as to buy the most
votes, and keep $25.5 billion for the bureaucrats.

Yep. That sounds like it'll work.

As opposed to giving the money, all $85 billion to AIG? Maybe we should do
that with no strings attached!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com