posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Salty Dog is a liar!

wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:29:36 -0600, "redbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:29:34 -0600, "redbard"
wrote:

funny.

completely off the wall, but funny.

FYI: First dredged in 1965 and is NOT a designated Federal Harbor of
Refuge!

Are you absolutely sure? Better check again! You've been wrong on
almost every point so far. You are on a streak!

Almost every point makes a streak? So which points have I been correct
on?

http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/news/ct.pdf

The Army Corps of Engineers seems to think North Cove dredging is a
federal project. Apparently it's considered critical to navigation.
Perhaps because it is, in fact, a harbor of refuge?

NORTH COVE, OLD SAYBROOK - The federal
navigation project includes an 11-foot deep, 100-foot
wide channel from the Connecticut River to an 11-foot
deep anchorage about 12 acres within North Cove, and
then to a 6-foot anchorage about 17 acres. Maintenance
dredging of about 320,000 cubic yards of predominantly
silt/clay material with disposal at the Cornfield Shoals
Disposal Site (CSDS) is proposed to meet the needs of
existing recreational vessels. The material proposed to
be dredged has been tested and found to be suitable for
unconfined open water disposal at the Cornfield Shoals
Disposal Site. A new proposal from CTDEP is under
coordination. This new proposal includes bringing at
least 75,000 cubic yards of material from North Cove to
the Central Long Island Sound Disposal Site (CLIS) to be
used as cap for other dredged materials. Consistency
concurrence with the Connecticut Coastal Zone
Management Program and Water Quality Certification
have been obtained, but additional coordination is under
way due to the new proposed work. Plans and
Update Report for Connecticut Page 3
Specifications, although completed last year, need to be
updated to include the new work and other contract
requirements. The FY 08 budget includes $4,330,000
for the work. While it may not be the full amount of funding
needed for the entire project, we have coordinated with
the local sponsor to prioritize the areas needing to be
dredged and have a plan ready to go. We are completing
coordination with the State's Historic Preservation Office
and assuming we can complete that shortly plan to initiate
advertisement for the work in late July 2008. Assuming
we get successful bids, work would start later this fall. We
are planning to move ahead with the work in FY 09 when
the dredging window opens.

I've already read that article. The Army Corps of Engineers has jurisdiction
over all navigable waterways in the US, so they are involved in every
dredging operation. Of course it is critical to navigation, don't want those
kids dinghies from NCYC to run aground! It's a harbor of refuge - to any
shallow draft boat that can fit in. Let's see that Federal Designation as
Harbor of Safe Refuge.

Critical to navigation!

Only harbor on the Connecticut coastline!

Not dredged in 50 years!

Federally designated Harbor of Safe Refuge!

Critical infrastructure needs! (Logic: Dredge the CT River deeper so that
when the I-95 bridge collapses into the river boats will still be able to
pass over it!)

If the project is so critical, necessary and important why is it not fully
funded? Don't be surprised if its not dredged to 11 feet - the Wall St
bailout is going up one trillion per week. All in all the bailout and the
Federal budget may well eat up 50% or more of the GDP (right now it's at
about 30%). If one could make green ink and paper out of dredged material,
you may wind up with a 100' dredged depth or even a hole to China.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:37:10 -0600, "redbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:29:36 -0600, "redbard"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

funny.

completely off the wall, but funny.

FYI: First dredged in 1965 and is NOT a designated Federal Harbor of
Refuge!

Are you absolutely sure? Better check again! You've been wrong on
almost every point so far. You are on a streak!

Almost every point makes a streak? So which points have I been correct
on?

Not enough to make a difference.

Thanks for the laughs, anyway.

So where's the proof of Federal Designation as a Harbor of Safe Refuge as
you claim?

Do we just have to take your word on that?

Not dredged in 50 years!

Federal Harbor of Safe Refuge!

News reporter of authority on this very issue!

Secret submarine base under the third row of mooring buoys!

Nimitz class aircraft carrier hidden in boathouse!

Supertanker unloading platform near the entrance light!

Surely one of your finer hours!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Liar!

Smackdown!!!

Yes, I agree, you have smacked yourself silly without landing a blow
to anyone else.

Nor has anyone landed a blow to me!

Next time, please leave more room for others to have some fun smacking
you, too.

Can't do it yourself?

All I have to do is merely repeat your claims:

Not dredged in 50 years!

Federal Harbor of Safe Refuge!

News reporter of authority of this very issue!

All the truth, all the time!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:09:02 -0600, "redbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:29:36 -0600, "redbard"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

LOL. I think you need to switch to the coffee in the green can, there,
Bob.

BTW - the dredged material that will come out of North Cove is so
clean that they plan to use some of it as a cap over material from
other projects.

Yes, the material is clean sand - a carcinogen. In case you didn't know:

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/s0722.htm

Don't want kids playing in it!

Joe Courtney is also a liar:

http://courtney.house.gov/News/Docum...cumentID=81095

40 years!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:19:57 -0600, "redbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:37:10 -0600, "redbard"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:i1kfd4d9aggnmbccqfkglcqa4p78ciet9p@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

Established as a pretty good approximation.

Yes, if you gave depths corresponding to time. But 1992 is not 1962 or even
close, an error of 46/16 x 100% = 288%.

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.

Federal Harbor of Safe Refuge!

It's not? Cite, please.

Go to the "Book of Negatives" and look it up. It has all negative facts such
as "screwdrivers are not anueryisms", "DTL logic is not compatible with worm
gears" and a complete list of everything that's not. The one thing I haven't
been able to cite is that "Salty is not an idiot" so then it must be so.
Right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_proof

News reporter of authority of this very issue!

I have never worked as a news reporter,

Certainly fooled me, you had it down pat.

although I employed a lot of
them.

Couldn't cut the lawn yourself?

Salty... [email protected] General 21 September 4th 08 10:24 PM
Yo: Eisboch and Salty John H.[_3_] General 5 December 31st 07 01:38 PM
Yo! Salty John H.[_3_] General 43 December 28th 07 05:00 PM
Salty Birds - Link to Photos Gary Warner General 0 November 27th 04 01:42 PM