posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Things Bob hasn't told us

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
On Sep 20, 9:42 pm, OzOne wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:31:27 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"

wrote:
On Sep 19, 8:06 pm, OzOne wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:52:38 -0500, jlrogers±³©

wrote:

OzOne wrote in
messagenews:qeu6d4hvrb82alv2g0fudrb4mb1j80fp1n@4a x.com...
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:11:29 -0500, jlrogers±³©
wrote:

From Consumer reports October 2008 About the EVO:
Ride: stiff, Poor, noisy, "frenetic highway behavior"
Steering: too light, oversteers, frenetic highway behavior
Interior plastics are drab and cheap looking
Seats do not adjust for height, ditto steering wheel
Pedals too close together
Driving position sucks

0 to 60: slower than the BMW, Subaru
1/4 mile: slower than the BMW and Subaru
Turing circle: greater than BMW, Subaru, VW
Avoid maneuver: slower than the BMW
MPG: less than BMW, VW
Interior fit and finish: poor
Luggage: room for 1 suitcase
Front shoulder room: 54.5 inches
front leg room: 42 inches
front head room: 6' 3"
(Bob's head will get the pounding it deserves)

Consumer Reports Rankings (Oct 2008)
BMW 135i 97
Mazdaspeed3 90
Impreza WRX STi 89
Mazda RX-8 86
VW R#@ DSG 89
Lancer EVO GSR 83

It's interesting that you've not given a credit for this
information.....Oh..excellent cherry picking!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Not given credit? Consumer Reports, Oct 2008

A link would be nice...

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Ozzy, that article is the laughing stock of the web, not only because
of how it rated the Evo, but ALL of the cars, which scored worse in
CR's test than any other. They are universally known to be only good
at rating vans and SUV's and even those reviews are suspect. Most of
the article spoke about practical elements and comfort, so in that
respect the Evo does not do as well since it's an all-out sports car.
For example, the 135i is a GREAT car. I've driven one. But it's still
going to lose to the Evo in every handling test. Road and Track
compared them. The Evo won in EVERY respect, but they still preferred
the BMW because it was more comfortable. Frankly if I wanted a good
handling daily driver I'd simply buy a BMW 335xi and be done.
Consumers is a pretty bad outfit for car reviews when all is said and
done. They never mention that the STI and Evo are the only cars with
the top dog numbers because they don't know how to get them. Even the
numbers for the winning 135i are the worst anyone's seen. Their
report, if taken seriously, would steer away enthusiasts from ALL of
those cars. But of course, CR reviews toasters and oven mitts, and
they are good at that. The uneducated will pick up CR's car reviews
and take them at face value, which is really sad.
Naturally Jlrogers found the one negative review (they also don't have
a clue about the RX8 either) and is riding it, not knowing that it
identifies him as the rube that he is.You and I know that the Evo is
among the hottest tickets this year and reviewed as such in EVERY
magazine of note. I assure you that Jlrogers thinks CR is more
important than ALL of them!

RB

Yeah. IIRC that was the same site that rated the MX5 at the bottom of
its list of sports cars mainly because it had a firm ride and limited
room in the cabin......If I also recall correctly, it rated the
Mustang of all cars....as number 1.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

CR has a comical review history, but they don't rate cars by outright
performance. Motortrend rated the BMW 135i better than the Evo X, but
at least they admitted that the Evo handled far better and was more of
a sports car. They just felt the 135i was more livable (if you keep it
out of snow and rain!) as a daily driver. And I agree with that.

RB

EVO is a great “teenage toy.”

For boy racers.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 21, 10:30 am, jlrogers±³© wrote:
OzOne wrote in messagenews:frccd459i7rb2jm6jbmr97k0mh28j2cnq2@4ax .com....
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 04:23:39 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

CR has a comical review history, but they don't rate cars by outright
performance. Motortrend rated the BMW 135i better than the Evo X, but
at least they admitted that the Evo handled far better and was more of
a sports car. They just felt the 135i was more livable (if you keep it
out of snow and rain!) as a daily driver. And I agree with that.

RB

Drove past my dealer today on the way back from flying...It appears
that there is a new delivery of Lancers sitting behind the fence, two
blue, a white and two red.
I'm expecting a call tomorrow.

If you can't afford a decent sports car, and not many of us can, an Evo X
will allow you to pretend.

So then, Jlrogers admits that he thinks the Lotus Elise, 135i, Evo X,
911 Turbo, STI and most other cars under 100K are NOT sports cars! But
if they are the Evo X still handles better than all but a few...but
it's not a sports car and it's a toy for teenagers with a spare 40
grand!
Yup, okay! I agree. I'm planning on enjoying my toy very much!

RB
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

CR has a comical review history, but they don't rate cars by outright
performance. Motortrend rated the BMW 135i better than the Evo X, but
at least they admitted that the Evo handled far better and was more of
a sports car. They just felt the 135i was more livable (if you keep it
out of snow and rain!) as a daily driver. And I agree with that.

RB

Drove past my dealer today on the way back from flying...It appears
that there is a new delivery of Lancers sitting behind the fence, two
blue, a white and two red.
I'm expecting a call tomorrow.

If you can't afford a decent sports car, and not many of us can, an Evo X
will allow you to pretend.

Ummmmm I don't want to spend enormous amounts on a piece for mobile
furniture like an 'Aston'.

BTW, I now own one of these
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancia_037

A true classic sports car

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:34:38 -0500, jlrogers±³©
wrote:

EVO is a great “teenage toy.”

For boy racers.

Actually most boy racers would struggle to find the $AU 85K that an
Evo will cost in Oz......

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

Doesn't compare to Bob's MG!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

They're sedans, Bob, not sports cars.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

EVO is a great “teenage toy.”

For boy racers.

Actually most boy racers would struggle to find the $AU 85K that an
Evo will cost in Oz......

Yup and I don't see many 25 year olds buying Evo X's when they cost
38-44K loaded up. Most 25 year olds want a bit more practically and
buy WRX or Mustang. Those cars cost in the 25K range and are pretty
affordable. 40K is a lot for a toy car.

RB
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
. 40K is a lot for a toy car.

About 1/2 the price of my turbo skidloader.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

They're sedans, Bob, not sports cars.

The industry has redefined the term. At one time it meant open two
seaters. That's not the case anymore. The Evo X is a sports car.

Current definition:

Main Entry: sports car
Function: noun
: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick
response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

But you'll note not EXCLUSIVELY a two seater. The Evo X is more of a
sports car than most so called sports cars.

RB

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

They're sedans, Bob, not sports cars.

The industry has redefined the term. At one time it meant open two
seaters. That's not the case anymore. The Evo X is a sports car.

Current definition:

Main Entry: sports car
Function: noun
: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick
response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

But you'll note not EXCLUSIVELY a two seater. The Evo X is more of a
sports car than most so called sports cars.

RB

So, it depends on what your definition of sport sports?

I told you so Joe ASA 8 March 13th 06 02:53 AM
See, I Told You So winnard Power Boat Racing 9 July 14th 05 07:41 PM
OT--The CIA should have told the VP? NOYB General 33 July 28th 04 12:31 AM
Told you so Bobsprit ASA 0 December 12th 03 02:17 AM