posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Bone density problems

If you're the type who spends most of your time sitting, whether it is a
sailboat, car, aeroplane or computer monitor you may experience more
fractures and breaks than those who maintain an active lifestyle. That's
because such sedentary activities do not increase bone density.

http://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article...rcisebone.html

It is truly lamentable that we can add bone density problems to the long
list of things such as cardiac atrophy, impaired tidal volume, constipation,
arthritis, autoimmune disease, mental dullness, diabetes, lugged gut and
other inflictions of the inactive exercise adverse. Vigorous exercise can be
viewed as a type of insurance policy, here's just one example:

http://www.runningplanet.com/trainin...ve-longer.html

We've always heard that a material object can be replaced but your wellness
can't be. Wellness is not purchased, it is a matter of lifestyle choice and
commitment. It's not a distraction, is not fun but rather long lasting
contentment apparently appreciated by few and enjoyed by even less.

In old age people spend so much on their health. Smaller investments earlier
in life would have yielded much higher returns.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:38:31 -0600, "Redbeard"
wrote:

[...]

I ran a marathon Sunday morning. I'm still a little tired today.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa

news
wrote:

[...]

That is excellent Frank! Did you have a good elapsed time? Time spent
marathoning is added to your life!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

Not particularly. Past through twenty at 2:55, then hit the wall at
21, severe cramping in leg muscles, had to hobble in to finish. It
was hot.

Another shot in late Nov., trying for a sub 4:00. BAA qualifier for
my age. cooler course might do the trick.

Time spent
marathoning is added to your life!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Frank Boettcher wrote:
That is excellent Frank! Did you have a good elapsed time?

Not particularly. Past through twenty at 2:55, then hit the wall at
21, severe cramping in leg muscles, had to hobble in to finish. It
was hot.

Another shot in late Nov., trying for a sub 4:00. BAA qualifier for
my age. cooler course might do the trick.

If you run Boston, I'll cheer your on! We live on Heartbreak Hill.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:53:40 -0400, jeff wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:
That is excellent Frank! Did you have a good elapsed time?

Not particularly. Past through twenty at 2:55, then hit the wall at
21, severe cramping in leg muscles, had to hobble in to finish. It
was hot.

Another shot in late Nov., trying for a sub 4:00. BAA qualifier for
my age. cooler course might do the trick.

If you run Boston, I'll cheer your on! We live on Heartbreak Hill.

If I qualify, I'm going to do it. Will let you know.

Frank

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 2, 11:38*am, "Redbeard" wrote:
[...]

true redbeard-but you forgot about the nutruition part- next - raw
fruits & veggies & ya can do that in a juicer- thats the best way to
go - forget about the pills & vitiams- sure it works but not as good-
and they taste llike crap ya get nothging from them - drink the freah
juice ya just jucied baby-i juice all my stuff =2 oranges ,
gragefriuit carrotts celery - apples -every day - made a big change
instead of taking a vitium or a quick fix tonic- and what it does for
your bowel system - cleans you out - in a gental way , natural- so i
say buy a juicer - all natural juice you get - makes ya feel better &
better for your body - quit using sugar - every teaspoon of sugar
lowers your white cells 3-4 hours down - not good -proven medical fact
- refined sugar not good - use honey or other natural sweeting sorces
like u find in the health food store , cant rember the name now- and
yes exercise your self - dont got to be rigorous - u can set and do -
best is pilates & yoga - no stress no pain - thats my tip for the day
- later mysterrymermaid2
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"terry red cloud" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like a whole lot of trouble to go and get a sprained ankle anyway!

If you want strong bones take strontium. It's that simple. Weight lifting
and strontium.

--
Gregory Hall

Bone Detectives Short Wave Sportfishing General 1 February 29th 08 04:42 PM
Plywood Density mscres Boat Building 6 December 21st 06 03:34 AM
Where Is Your Funny Bone? STONED Power Boat Racing 0 July 10th 03 01:30 AM