Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default I decided

Wayne.B wrote:

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:01:00 -0600, JimC
wrote:

You also say
that the Macs will simply "break up" in heavy seas. Again, where is
your evidence, other than anecdotes and hearsay, supporting this assertion?

His assertion is based on common sense, and the fact that the boat is
not designed or built for off-shore conditions. Where is your
evidence that the boat will not break up in heavy seas?

I haven't heard of any ongoing problem with Macs breaking apart and
sinking in heavy seas. - Have you?

It's not impossible, plenty of other boats have met that fate. Pick one
up 30
feet into the air and drop it to the water a few times. That will
give you a good idea where the weak spots are.

I suppose that if someone had some evidence that Macs subjected to
heavy seas and/or severe stress have been breaking apart and sinking I
might reconsider my opinion. Meanwhile, it seems that neither you or the
Capt. have any evidence to back up your assertions. I do agree that
"it's not impossible." - I'm just not sure how I'm going to pick it up
30 feet in the air and drop it into the water several times.

Jim