posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default battery voltage

I am making a B.Tech final year project on Lifting Jacks.On certain
calculations i found that i would need a 6 horsepower.I would like to
know battery specifications for the DC Motor to do so....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
I am making a B.Tech final year project on Lifting Jacks.On certain
calculations i found that i would need a 6 horsepower.I would like to
know battery specifications for the DC Motor to do so....

You ask about voltage but this is something you must choose yourself after
considering what batteries are readily available on the market.
Then you will be able to calculate the amperes to give you your 6hp.
Then you will need to decide for how long, and how often you will take 6hp
without recharging the battery.
From that you can decide what battery capacity in amp/hours you will need.
Good luck with your project!

battery voltage [email protected] ASA 0 March 8th 08 12:11 PM
temp/voltage detecting battery charger ... Courtney Thomas Cruising 5 February 20th 05 04:00 AM
battery charger voltage query AD Electronics 4 March 25th 04 05:52 AM
Auxially battery with isolator and solar battery maintainer [email protected] General 26 December 8th 03 06:10 AM
cross-battery voltage Charles T. Low General 9 November 10th 03 10:34 PM