posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default communication questions

Fairly new to the group. My wife and I purchased a 40' sailboat about 6
months ago and are ready for our first long trip, We plan to spend 2-3
months in the Florida keys and Bahamas--mostly the latter. Any suggestions
on a reasonably priced ( I know cheap is out of the question ) phone and
or data plans out there? Many thanks in advance for any and all
suggestions. Also open to starting an ongoing exchange of experiences with
any who have done or are doing similar trips.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ken Marino wrote:
Fairly new to the group. My wife and I purchased a 40' sailboat about 6
months ago and are ready for our first long trip, We plan to spend 2-3
months in the Florida keys and Bahamas--mostly the latter. Any suggestions
on a reasonably priced ( I know cheap is out of the question ) phone and
or data plans out there? Many thanks in advance for any and all
suggestions. Also open to starting an ongoing exchange of experiences with
any who have done or are doing similar trips.

Cell phone coverage in the Bahamas is extremely spotty; mostly
nonexistant. The most reliable way to keep in touch in the out islands
is by SSB radio. You can either use email via SSB or patch into phone
service.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

communication question Ken Marino Cruising 26 January 7th 08 02:14 AM
communication Ken Marino ASA 0 January 3rd 08 10:39 PM
How to get a place not only for secrits but also for communication. ann Cruising 0 April 19th 07 02:44 AM
C-MAP communication 2 stopbits? sape General 1 May 14th 04 08:25 PM
C-MAP communication 2 stopbits? sape Electronics 1 May 14th 04 08:25 PM