posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Extra High Tide today

Joe wrote:

On Oct 26, 8:24 am, jeff wrote:
Bart wrote:
5:36 LO -.59
11:41 HI 8.93

The delta is 9.52' I can't remember ever seeing
such a high tide here!

The currrent will be difficult too.

In Boston its +11.3 followed by -1.7 for a total of 13 feet. We have a
full moon at the closest lunar perigee of the year. Its only 356754
kilometers away - it was so big last night you could almost touch it!

No doubt, we also had a shuttle fly over last night and it very easy
to watch it with with binoculars it was awesome you could see the bay
doors and wings. Perfect weather here..

Huh? The thing is nearly 90 miles up. With 7X50s that puts you about 12
virtual miles away; I guess it's those bionic Texas eyes you've got, could you
count the tiles too?

Cheers
Marty

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bart wrote:

I was a bit bored today. My group canceled,
perhaps because of the damp. When I realized
how low the low was, I decided to do something
I've been meaning to do for a few years.

Check out my art work.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...eMarks1768.jpg

Very nice Bart, couldn't you have done a bit of excavation and stuck a few
negative numbers on there? ;-)

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:18:42 -0700, Bart
wrote:

On Oct 26, 8:24 am, Goofball_star_dot_etal
wrote:
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 03:46:11 -0700, Bart
wrote:

5:36 LO -.59
11:41 HI 8.93

The delta is 9.52' I can't remember ever seeing
such a high tide here!

The currrent will be difficult too.

Stop whinging.http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide...ction.aspx?Por...

I love being able to pick out the drunks
by their typing.

Twpsyn!
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 26, 11:28 pm, Martin B
{remove{}and_everything_in_bet ween} wrote:
Joe wrote:
On Oct 26, 8:24 am, jeff wrote:
Bart wrote:
5:36 LO -.59
11:41 HI 8.93

The delta is 9.52' I can't remember ever seeing
such a high tide here!

The currrent will be difficult too.

In Boston its +11.3 followed by -1.7 for a total of 13 feet. We have a
full moon at the closest lunar perigee of the year. Its only 356754
kilometers away - it was so big last night you could almost touch it!

No doubt, we also had a shuttle fly over last night and it very easy
to watch it with with binoculars it was awesome you could see the bay
doors and wings. Perfect weather here..

Huh? The thing is nearly 90 miles up. With 7X50s that puts you about 12
virtual miles away; I guess it's those bionic Texas eyes you've got, could you
count the tiles too?

Cheers
Marty

Joe- Hide quoted text -

No, but you could tell it was the white side, and trimmed in
black..wings..

Pretty cool from the NW to SE horizon to horizon in about 5 min.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Oct 27, 12:30 am, Martin B
Bart wrote:

I was a bit bored today. My group canceled,
perhaps because of the damp. When I realized
how low the low was, I decided to do something
I've been meaning to do for a few years.

Check out my art work.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...eMarks1768.jpg

Very nice Bart, couldn't you have done a bit of excavation and stuck a few
negative numbers on there? ;-)

Cheers
Marty

There were a couple of flat rocks that people hit at low tide.
I tried to flop them over, but they were two heavy for me.
I would love to get a backhoe with an extendahoe in there
for an hour. It would help quite a bit.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

5:36 LO -.59
11:41 HI 8.93

The delta is 9.52' I can't remember ever seeing
such a high tide here!

The currrent will be difficult too.

Stop whinging.http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide...ction.aspx?Por...

I love being able to pick out the drunks
by their typing.

Twpsyn!

Where did this pussy come from?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bart wrote:

There were a couple of flat rocks that people hit at low tide.
I tried to flop them over, but they were two heavy for me.
I would love to get a backhoe with an extendahoe in there
for an hour. It would help quite a bit.

Wouldn't that require a lot of paperwork and legwork to be legal? Those
rocks could be the key features to significant eco-systems!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bart wrote:

There were a couple of flat rocks that people hit at low tide.
I tried to flop them over, but they were two heavy for me.
I would love to get a backhoe with an extendahoe in there
for an hour. It would help quite a bit.

I had just the toy for you at my place today. Komatsu CP120 excavator, dredged
out the slip between my docks. I'll have about 8' there next season.

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Oct 27, 1:22 pm, jeff wrote:
Bart wrote:

There were a couple of flat rocks that people hit at low tide.
I tried to flop them over, but they were two heavy for me.
I would love to get a backhoe with an extendahoe in there
for an hour. It would help quite a bit.

Wouldn't that require a lot of paperwork and legwork to be legal? Those
rocks could be the key features to significant eco-systems!

I hate all the ecology people. They go way overboard on
such things. Life is prolific--particularly in warmer climates.

I wish it were easier to blast out obstructions without mega
paperwork and obstacles. Once done, sea life would replace
any damage in a short period of time. If sea life and grow
on toxic bottom paint in a few short weeks, it would re-establish
itself on the bottom in less time.

Catamarans have something extra.... Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 106 August 27th 07 04:11 PM
Catamarans have something extra.... Wilbur Hubbard ASA 110 August 27th 07 04:11 PM
Anyone Need Extra $$$$$ Rick General 0 May 2nd 07 10:28 PM
want some extra cash, try this [email protected] Cruising 2 January 2nd 05 09:13 PM
Question: Judging High Tide by the Moon Bart Senior ASA 51 May 6th 04 12:28 AM