posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default I am blaming y'all

On Oct 4, 10:27 am, Joe wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:54 am, Frogwatch wrote:

OK, you talked me into having work done on my old truck by somebody
else. They couldnt figger out the problem with it "missing" so I told
em to replace the plugs. Aluminum head right, you are s'posed to put
penetrating oil down into the plug well for a while before trying,
they didnt, STRIPPED ONE OUT the fu*&^%ng morons. They told me they
were waiting for an "insert" to put in it (goes from smaller threads
to bigger ones). I thought there was something wrong with this so I
used their calipers to measure the stripped hole and the plug.
Stripped hole is .063, plug is .055, hmm. By the time I got home I
remembered "Helicoils" although I have never used em.
Today, I went to NAPA and a cute girl told me all about them so I went
back to the shop and asked em why they didnt use them and they told me
they had no experience with em. I told them that if they couldnt get
it done by this afternoon to tow it to my place and I would fix it.

Helicoils are great, replaced many Detroit stripped out head bolts
with them many times. However I'd make them buy a new head.

Problem is they will need to tap the stripped plug hole, and ya know
they are going to get metal shaving into the cylinder, so they need to
pull the head anyway and that's all the labor cost anyway.

Just my 2 cents...

Joe

I agree with Joe. Make them fix it right. These guys
are a bunch of idiots. If they make work for themselves
then that will make them brighter. If you let them off
the hook, they won't change.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Frogwatch wrote:
Truck has 310,000 miles. This engine has 105,000. This afternoon,
they did tap it using the grease trick and then vacuumed the
cylinder. If I get 23,000 miles more, I'll be happy.

An engine should e good for more than 130k miles

ANyway I am sorry to hear that getting somebody else to wokr on your
truck didn't work out so well. It's one reason why you should not get
emotionally attached to a vehicle.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
ups.com...
Frogwatch wrote:
Truck has 310,000 miles. This engine has 105,000. This afternoon,
they did tap it using the grease trick and then vacuumed the
cylinder. If I get 23,000 miles more, I'll be happy.

An engine should e good for more than 130k miles

ANyway I am sorry to hear that getting somebody else to wokr on your
truck didn't work out so well. It's one reason why you should not get
emotionally attached to a vehicle.

DSK

If you listen to Car Talk, you should definitely not name the car/truck.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Frogwatch wrote:

Truck has 310,000 miles. This engine has 105,000. This afternoon,
they did tap it using the grease trick and then vacuumed the
cylinder. If I get 23,000 miles more, I'll be happy.

An engine should e good for more than 130k miles

ANyway I am sorry to hear that getting somebody else to wokr on your
truck didn't work out so well. It's one reason why you should not get
emotionally attached to a vehicle.

DSK

If you listen to Car Talk, you should definitely not name the car/truck.

I love that program...not especially interested in cars, but those 2
guys are way funny...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Frogwatch wrote:

Truck has 310,000 miles. This engine has 105,000. This afternoon,
they did tap it using the grease trick and then vacuumed the
cylinder. If I get 23,000 miles more, I'll be happy.

An engine should e good for more than 130k miles

ANyway I am sorry to hear that getting somebody else to wokr on your
truck didn't work out so well. It's one reason why you should not get
emotionally attached to a vehicle.

DSK

If you listen to Car Talk, you should definitely not name the car/truck.

I love that program...not especially interested in cars, but those 2 guys
are way funny...

I get the podcast. Makes long drives more pleasant.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Frogwatch wrote:

Truck has 310,000 miles. This engine has 105,000. This afternoon,
they did tap it using the grease trick and then vacuumed the
cylinder. If I get 23,000 miles more, I'll be happy.

An engine should e good for more than 130k miles

ANyway I am sorry to hear that getting somebody else to wokr on your
truck didn't work out so well. It's one reason why you should not get
emotionally attached to a vehicle.

DSK

If you listen to Car Talk, you should definitely not name the car/truck.

I love that program...not especially interested in cars, but those 2 guys
are way funny...

Jon-Boy loves those guys too

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Oct 7, 4:23 pm, "Bob" wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:
wrote in message
roups.com...

Frogwatch wrote:

Truck has 310,000 miles. This engine has 105,000. This afternoon,
they did tap it using the grease trick and then vacuumed the
cylinder. If I get 23,000 miles more, I'll be happy.

An engine should e good for more than 130k miles

ANyway I am sorry to hear that getting somebody else to wokr on your
truck didn't work out so well. It's one reason why you should not get
emotionally attached to a vehicle.

DSK

If you listen to Car Talk, you should definitely not name the car/truck.

I love that program...not especially interested in cars, but those 2 guys
are way funny...

Jon-Boy loves those guys too

I am FAR beyond naming my vehicles, I imagine them having
conversations whenever I repair one of em.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 12:14:15 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

I get the podcast. Makes long drives more pleasant.

Doesn't it bore your showfer?

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

Y'all have fun... Don White General 0 December 31st 05 03:38 PM
Y'all have fun... JimH General 0 December 31st 05 03:23 PM
Blaming "Buschco." ????? Tim General 5 September 12th 05 01:57 PM
I'm gonna stop blaming [email protected] General 4 September 7th 05 01:55 PM