posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default I dont wanna scrape my prop

I dont sail in the summer. It is basically hot with nearly no wind
except during thunderstorms. So, the boat sits in that canal all
summer with nothing to do except to grow barnacles on the prop, THEN,
wehn I do decide to use her, I have to go into that nasty water to
defoul the prop. Although right now I foolishly think I am
imperviouis to anything in the water, that will not always be true.
However, today I found that when I finally turned my boat so her stern
is to the dock, I can easily see my prop and could reach it with the
boat hook.........
Why not get a plastic bag with a draw string, use boat hook to pull it
over the prop and then pull the drawstring? When I want to sail, I
simply tie a Sawzall blade to the boathook and rip the bag off.
Thoushts? (see, I am still dehydrated from being on that dock today)

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Frogwatch wrote:
I dont sail in the summer. It is basically hot with nearly no wind
except during thunderstorms. So, the boat sits in that canal all
summer with nothing to do except to grow barnacles on the prop, THEN,
wehn I do decide to use her, I have to go into that nasty water to
defoul the prop. Although right now I foolishly think I am
imperviouis to anything in the water, that will not always be true.
However, today I found that when I finally turned my boat so her stern
is to the dock, I can easily see my prop and could reach it with the
boat hook.........
Why not get a plastic bag with a draw string, use boat hook to pull it
over the prop and then pull the drawstring? When I want to sail, I
simply tie a Sawzall blade to the boathook and rip the bag off.
Thoushts? (see, I am still dehydrated from being on that dock today)

Becasue just hatched barnacles are miniscule and will float in there
anyway and grow on it anyway..you'll just be making a nice safe
environment for them there...paint it with anti-fouling paint or some
capcesin (so hot stuff) Works for the Navu...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:19:26 -0700, Frogwatch
wrote this crap:

I dont sail in the summer. It is basically hot with nearly no wind
except during thunderstorms. So, the boat sits in that canal all
summer with nothing to do except to grow barnacles on the prop,

Why not start the engine, and put it in gear once in a while? Too
lazy to start the engine at the dock, during the summer?

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote this crap:

I dont sail in the summer. It is basically hot with nearly no wind
except during thunderstorms. So, the boat sits in that canal all
summer with nothing to do except to grow barnacles on the prop,

Why not start the engine, and put it in gear once in a while? Too
lazy to start the engine at the dock, during the summer?

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

In the summer, I dont get to the coast that often, too hot

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I remember seeing a system where you had a giant plastic bag
in the water, weighted in the middle to keep it down, floats
around the edges. You'd keep it in your slip, full of clean
fresh water. I forget how they opened / closed it to get the
boat in and out.

Anybody remember this?

Scotty

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

If you can see the Prop, why not put a long extension on a wire brush
and and clean it from dock or from the
dink?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
I remember seeing a system where you had a giant plastic bag
in the water, weighted in the middle to keep it down, floats
around the edges. You'd keep it in your slip, full of clean
fresh water. I forget how they opened / closed it to get the
boat in and out.

Anybody remember this?

Scotty

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
oups.com..
.
[...]

There are a couple of people who seem to have something like this around
here. I think they put a bit of bleach inside the ring of floats. It looks
like a hassle to me.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com