Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default H.R. 2550 hoax

Dave the lawyer is an example of the typical uninformed asa dolt. He's
been suckered in by the hoax posts that tell everybody to vote AGAINST
H.R. 2550. Jeff, our other resident "genius" also seems to have drunk
the Kool-Aid.

For your information, dear reader, you've been duped by totally bogus
information. You've been told to have your congressman vote AGAINST the
House Rule.

Here's the real scoop from: http://www.boatus.com/gov/

"EPA Discharge Permit Requirement for Recreational Boats

"For 34 years the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has
exempted discharges from recreational boats from the Clean Water Act
permit system. Regretfully, a recent court ruling cancelled this permit
exemption. EPA is required by the court decision to develop and
implement by September 30, 2008 a national permit system for ALL vessels
in the United States for a variety of normal operational discharges.

"We have been working behind the scenes with other boating organizations
to get the exemption reinstated for recreational boats. Fortunately, the
Recreational Boating Act of 2007 (H.R. 2550) has been introduced by
Representatives Gene Taylor (D-Miss) and Candice Miller (R-Mich) which
would protect recreational boats from being swept into this unnecessary
and expensive permitting system.

"It is critically important that H.R. 2550 be passed and your support is
essential. Please contact your Congressman and Senators TODAY and ask
that they co-sponsor or support H.R. 2550."

I hope this helps and I hope it shows the folly of expecting armchair
lawyers like our Daffy Dave the Duffer to know their arses from a hole
in the ground.

Wilbur Hubbard

H.R. 2550 hoax Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 38 September 19th 07 11:39 AM
H.R. 2550 still needs support from boaters Chuck Gould General 10 August 9th 07 05:41 AM
Little Red Book Hoax [email protected] General 3 December 24th 05 01:18 AM
1994 Pro-line 2550 John General 0 September 1st 04 08:41 PM
Chaparral 2550? Prosndinc General 1 January 3rd 04 04:32 PM