posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Joe Joe is offline

Default New way to depart the Marina?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T2MO0xBNwM

Joe

Joe wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T2MO0xBNwM

Joe

Now that one I'll believe was taken on a cell phone...seems like they
ended up right back where they started from...and the guy standing on
his bow pulpit? What was that about? Just what did he think he was
going to do?

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T2MO0xBNwM

Joe

Now that one I'll believe was taken on a cell phone...seems like they
ended up right back where they started from...and the guy standing on his
bow pulpit? What was that about? Just what did he think he was going to
do?

Better that he should take some damage personally than allow his boat to be
hurt?

KLC Lewis wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Joe wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T2MO0xBNwM

Joe

Now that one I'll believe was taken on a cell phone...seems like they
ended up right back where they started from...and the guy standing on his
bow pulpit? What was that about? Just what did he think he was going to
do?

Better that he should take some damage personally than allow his boat to be
hurt?

Maybe he's afraid the other boat is uninsured? One of the first rules I
learned: body parts do not belong between two boats, a boat and a dock,
a boat and a rock...he did not have a fending pole in his hand...he did
not have a bumper to sling between them...so what good is your boat to
you, except as a resale item, if you become an amputee?

* katy wrote, On 8/20/2007 5:34 PM:
KLC Lewis wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Joe wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T2MO0xBNwM

Joe

Now that one I'll believe was taken on a cell phone...seems like they
ended up right back where they started from...and the guy standing on
his bow pulpit? What was that about? Just what did he think he was
going to do?

Better that he should take some damage personally than allow his boat
to be hurt?

Maybe he's afraid the other boat is uninsured? One of the first rules I
learned: body parts do not belong between two boats, a boat and a dock,
a boat and a rock...he did not have a fending pole in his hand...he did
not have a bumper to sling between them...so what good is your boat to
you, except as a resale item, if you become an amputee?

I think he's the one who fell off the boat and he's trying to get back on.

"katy" wrote in message
so what good is your boat to you, except as a resale item, if you
become an amputee?

Ignorant girl. Tell that to Tristan Jones who wrote some good sailing
books including "Outward Leg". He was an amputee.
http://www.tristanjones.org/outward.htm

Go post to a knitting group where you might know something about it,
please. Pretty please.

Greg

Gregory Hall wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

so what good is your boat to you, except as a resale item, if you
become an amputee?

Ignorant girl. Tell that to Tristan Jones who wrote some good sailing
books including "Outward Leg". He was an amputee.
http://www.tristanjones.org/outward.htm

Go post to a knitting group where you might know something about it,
please. Pretty please.

Greg

Tristan Jones was a liar and a pirate. He could wirte a good tale but if
you believed that bilge then you're as lame as he was. Neal, get a life.
You must ahve something you could do other than pretend to be toehr people.

"katy" wrote in message

Tristan Jones was a liar and a pirate. He could wirte a good tale but if
you believed that bilge then you're as lame as he was.

Could you expand upon that a bit?

"katy" wrote in message

Tristan Jones was a liar and a pirate. He could wirte a good tale but
if you believed that bilge then you're as lame as he was. Neal, get a
life. You must ahve something you could do other than pretend to be
toehr people.

But he was an amputee. You said amputees didn't have no use for a boat.
Tristan SAILED his almost around the whole globe one legged. I'd say
that makes you wrong. Be a good girl scout and admit it. And what's
with this "Neal" crap? Does "Greg" look like "Neal" to you? Both have an
"e" and both have four letters. But, they ain't even close. You could
be dyslectic. I notice you mix up letters all the time. There's help for
that, ya know.

Greg

"Gregory Hall" wrote in message

"katy" wrote in message
so what good is your boat to you, except as a resale

item, if you
become an amputee?

Ignorant girl. Tell that to Tristan Jones who wrote some

good sailing
books including "Outward Leg". He was an amputee.
http://www.tristanjones.org/outward.htm

I'll bet he would have traded his boat for a good leg,
anyday.

And *that* was Katy's point,

Scotty

New way to depart the Marina? Joe Cruising 23 August 22nd 07 01:37 AM
tip the marina manager? [email protected] General 21 October 19th 06 09:35 AM
WTB 27+ft Sailboat in Marina Del Rey [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 14th 05 01:05 AM
Marina Ripoff Falky foo Cruising 2 February 20th 05 09:57 PM
dog stolen from marina Roy G. Biv ASA 5 October 21st 04 05:30 AM