BoatBanter.com

-   -   Heart of Gold Sails on...and on.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/85088-heart-gold-sails.html)

katy August 21st 07 03:07 AM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

Captain Crunch wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Captain Crunch wrote:

Very nice but, why oh why are you still sailing with your dfenders
whomped up on the rails????

So he won't hurt the other boats when he side-swipes them?

They were up on the deck....

But at-the-ready, just in case.

yeah...right....like a couple of fenders would ward off a couple of tons
of fiberglass ebaring down at you at 6K...

Jeff August 21st 07 03:44 AM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 8/20/2007 8:16 PM:
Even a beginner should be able to see that. The sail is
stalled and the boat is going sideways. Or are you claiming that's
normal?

Even if the sail was stalled, the 30/30 sure aint going sideways. This
is more proof you have no real sailing experience. In spite of being a
masthead rig, she's driven well by her main. That's why there's no
indication of her going sideways. Her wake is straight as an arrow,
CLEARLY shown in the video.
Oops. There goes Jeff's efforts!

Notice the leeward tell drooping. Notice the wake to weather. Only
Booby could claim this wake is "straight as an arrow."

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...35s5/Week2.jpg

yah, right. That's why you posted pictures of another boat, so we
wouldn't talk about it.

Notice how no one else jumped on your little effort? That's because
others can see the boat is sailing straight and they probably know
that a Santana 30/30 doesn't slide easily. You know nothing about the
boat and I bet you never sailed one...faster than a J30 or Express 30.

Big Whoop! The boat's going sideways. And you're too ignorant to see it.

Not as funny as your inability to understand what's wrong.

It is funny! But I can see it. You're pushing 75 and it's all wrapping
up. I'm 44 and having more fun sailing than you can stand. I think
everyone can see that!

You're a funny little boy, booby.

stop! stop! You're embarrassing yourself! Being over sheeted is
not that big of a problem; not understanding what means
is truly sad.

He's not oversheeted. You don't know what his course is relative to
the wind, except for a few seconds. Sorry. There's no evidence to
support you're silly comments. It's akin to you claiming how deep the
water was that day! Bwahahahahha!

Jeeze! You took the picture, look at it!
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...35s5/Week2.jpg

Look at the tells! Look at the wake! Sideways!

Right - I've spent more time racing high performance boats than
you've spent in boats in your life.

Yeah...a guy who bought a Nonsuch! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yup, it was a damn fine boat. A 6 ton dinghy! And surprisingly
fast. What it gives up on the wind, it makes up in ease of tacking
and sail adjusting.

And FWIW, my old Nonsuch could hold its own against any of your
previous boats.

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Hey, Jeff...I sold a Nonsuch 30 and 36 and I
sailed the 30 They are nice boats, but get over yourself. We have a
few around and they are **** slow upwind in anything below 10 knots.
Upwind we pass a pretty 35 everytime we see her. Nobody buys a Nonsuch
for speed. In fact the tubby 36 is rated in the 158-165 area...slower
than a well sailed Catalina 34!

A Cat 34 is around 150 depending on model; add 12 for no spinnaker and
its higher than the NS36 which is 156. Actually, at any point other
than hard on the wind a Nonsuch 30 (rating 170+) will walk away from a
Cat 34.

Off course, a "well sailed" NS would beat your boat any day.

And maybe someday you'll be able to afford a boat as
fast as mine - if your daddy gives you some more money.

Well, Jeff...what boat did you own when you were 43 or 44?

The Nonsuch.

Was it a 65K boat?

Just about.

But if money really matters to you (and you always bring it up),

I do??? In your imagination, perhaps. You're the one who can't get a
post out without describing the value of every boat in sight. How
many times have you bragged about the value of your boats, real and
imaginary, in this post?

what will you do when we buy our new boat that costs more than
yours in two years?

What do you mean? Do you really think I care at all? You can buy a
Swan or an Oyster or whatever. Of course, you'll still be a
terrified, seasick little boy who's afraid to leave the Sound.

When Thomas tops 5 we plan to buy a DS style boat
over 40 feet. Guess that will really fry your bacon...if you're still
breathing in 2-3 years!

I'm really scared. Yup, I am. And sure that with your new boat
you'll finally do that "Sail to Nowhere" out of sight of land. Any
day now.

Yup.

Let's just hope your condition stays in remission.

And seriously, when Thomas is 5 it would be the perfect time to take a
year and do some real cruising - that's what we did. After that point
he'll be in school and it will be a long time before you can really
get away.

What is that supposed to mean?

It meant I'm younger than you. It meant that I'm outsailing you now
and in a race aboard J24's I'd leave you for dead. I'm certain of it.

Sure thing Booby. You've had the helm for how many races now? Zero?
Or is it twice that many?

I did more sailing that you have
by the time I was 20 years old.

Probably. I didn't sail until I was in my 30's. But that even further
demolishes your sad point. At your age, floating around with the
grandkids, what excuse do you have? Why aren't you making REAL
passages?

Real??? I just got back from 8 weeks of cruising, having logged more
time and miles than you have in your life. In fact, just about every
summer for the last 50 years I've sailed more than you have in your
whole life.

I'm not a lonely guy, Jeff. Racing is for the desperately wealthy or
the desperately lonely.

Now its clear why Suzy has taken up racing.

I have a sex life...and enough cash to buy a
300K + boat in a few years.

Why not now? Are you waiting for a relative to die?

Captain Crunch August 21st 07 04:00 AM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

"katy" wrote in message
Captain Crunch wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Captain Crunch wrote:

Very nice but, why oh why are you still sailing with your dfenders
whomped up on the rails????

So he won't hurt the other boats when he side-swipes them?

They were up on the deck....

But at-the-ready, just in case.

yeah...right....like a couple of fenders would ward off a couple of tons
of fiberglass ebaring down at you at 6K...

Ya think boob's boat's ever been 6K (under sail)?

ebaring? Like eBay?

Capt. Rob August 22nd 07 12:56 AM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

After you inherit 295k in a few years, right?

We already inherited a lot more than that.
Sucks to be you!

RB
35s5
NY

Capt. Rob August 22nd 07 01:19 AM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

Off course, a "well sailed" NS would beat your boat any day.

Yeah, I guess none of the ones we see and pass are "well sailed." In
fact I bet you're the only old fart who can sail one well!!!!
Next to Doug, no one is as full of himself as you, Jeff. Sadly, it's a
glass half empty.

The Nonsuch.

Well that says it all. Like it or not, Jeff, the Nonsuch is regarded
as an "old persons" boat. In fact the two I sold were ownd by guys too
old to keep them and they were both bought by retired guys. The one we
see often is sailed by an old couple and they bought it from a guy
who's now DEAD! Most young folks seek a bit more fun, Jeff.

I do??? In your imagination, perhaps.

Nope. Jeff, you've brought up the value of your boat again and again.
It's really sad. I clearly do it to play with people but I think it's
clear that it REALLY matters to you. That's just sad at your age!

What do you mean? Do you really think I care at all? You can buy
Swan or an Oyster or whatever. Of course, you'll still be a
terrified, seasick little boy who's afraid to leave the Sound.

You do realize that the last part of the above post makes it beyond
obvious thay you care deeply. You're a troubled fellow.

I'm really scared. Yup, I am.

You should be.

And sure that with your new boat
you'll finally do that "Sail to Nowhere"

Nah. But we're going to block island in a few weeks. That should be
fun.

Let's just hope your condition stays in remission.

Doesn't appear to be a remission anymore. There is no sign of my
illness in any tests over 3 years. Roughly 5% of patients experience
what I have. As usual I'm the lucky one.

And seriously, when Thomas is 5 it would be the perfect time to
take a
year and do some real cruising

Not a year. But we're going to use a friend's boat to sail the Greek
Islands for 6 weeks. Thomas will be with us for 4 of them.

er that point
he'll be in school and it will be a long time before you can really
get away.

We're happy to be sailing, Jeff. We like our house and land. We like
the woods and we like the LIS. I may even get into some local lake
sailing. Sorry that's so hard on you.

Sure thing Booby. You've had the helm for how many races now?
Zero?
Or is it twice that many?

Probably 4 races, all J24's at the helm. I'd still beat you for sure.
I have no doubt. I can trim a boat to perfection and find the groove
within the groove that don't even know exists. Even my racing buddies
say I have the knack for the tiller and wheel. Sorry that's so hard on
you.

Real??? I just got back from 8 weeks of cruising, having logged
more
time and miles than you have in your life.

Total nonsense. We sail 3-4 times a week in 4-8 hour stretches. We
don't anchor. We SAIL, Jeff. And we do it on a lot of fun boats while
you langiush aboard an ugly floating flaptrap.

Now its clear why Suzy has taken up racing.

Yup. She's got a lot of money now. I'm spending on my audio and
theatre stuff and maybe a nicer sports car soon.

Why not now? Are you waiting for a relative to die?

Thomas is 3 and the larger boat wouldn't fit our plans for now. When
he's 5-6 it's the perfect time, since we plan to buy a place right on
the CT shore at about that time.
Sorry that's so hard on you!

Enjoy your motorsailing!

RB
35s5
NY

Jeff August 22nd 07 03:43 AM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 8/21/2007 8:19 PM:
Off course, a "well sailed" NS would beat your boat any day.

Yeah, I guess none of the ones we see and pass are "well sailed." In
fact I bet you're the only old fart who can sail one well!!!!
Next to Doug, no one is as full of himself as you, Jeff. Sadly, it's a
glass half empty.

Your jealously is showing showing again. I make one little comment
that a jib appeared over trimmed, and you end up making an ass of
yourself again in this pathetic display.

The Nonsuch.

Well that says it all. Like it or not, Jeff, the Nonsuch is regarded
as an "old persons" boat. In fact the two I sold were ownd by guys too
old to keep them and they were both bought by retired guys. The one we
see often is sailed by an old couple and they bought it from a guy
who's now DEAD! Most young folks seek a bit more fun, Jeff.

At the time I bought the Nonsuch I was also racing Lasers. How much
dinghy racing have you been doing lately, Bob?

I do??? In your imagination, perhaps.

Nope. Jeff, you've brought up the value of your boat again and again.

That's a rather bold lie. I don't recall ever mentioning the price,
though if someone asked I might have answered. Or I might have
commented on the rough market values of various classes of boats. In
general, I don't comment on the price of any specific person's boat.

You, on the other hand, are totally obsessed by your perception of the
value of each person's boat. You imagine because you see the world
like that everyone else must, and so you accuse me of it. Its
cowardly lies like this that totally destroy your credibility on any
topic.

It's really sad. I clearly do it to play with people but I think it's
clear that it REALLY matters to you. That's just sad at your age!

Show me a post where I ever discussed the value of someone's boat.

You might as well just admit you're a cowardly liar.

What do you mean? Do you really think I care at all? You can buy
Swan or an Oyster or whatever. Of course, you'll still be a
terrified, seasick little boy who's afraid to leave the Sound.

You do realize that the last part of the above post makes it beyond
obvious thay you care deeply. I'm a troubled fellow.

Care? Not at all. Just perceptive.

And sure that with your new boat
you'll finally do that "Sail to Nowhere"

Nah. But we're going to block island in a few weeks. That should be
fun.

An other one of your claims. One of these days, you might even follow
through on one.

But I doubt it.

Capt. Rob August 22nd 07 05:12 AM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

At the time I bought the Nonsuch I was also racing Lasers. How
much
dinghy racing have you been doing lately, Bob?

This past month I've sailed Rhodes 19 twice, Santana 30/30, J30, J29,
my Beneteau 35s5 and Hunter 280. Thursday I'm out on the J29 again.
Sorry, Jeff, but I'm happy you once sailed Lasers. They're fun!

I don't recall ever

Now that's no surprise!

Its
cowardly lies like this that totally destroy your credibility on any
topic.

Yeah. Notice the group rallying to your defense on this one?

Care? Not at all. Just perceptive.

Nutty shallow people always make comments like that. I'm sure we're
all impressed with your powers of perception, Jeff. Really. We. Are!

An other one of your claims. One of these days, you might even
follow
through on one.

Already been to Block Island, Jeff. Sorry. Also: Port Jeff, Norwalk,
Mystic and so one. Is that a big deal? They're all close. Like I
always maintain, you're one of those sailing clowns who thinks sailing
is about distances. Of course you do because it's the only thing you
can hang your hat on, which you clearly need. How can anyone your age
be so insecure? I'm happy sailing my boat the way I sail it. Why does
that upset you so much?

But I doubt it.

Seems like your evasive happiness is bolstered by the imagined doubts
about others.
You and Doug are two of a kind.
Everyone e-mailed me and said they were VERY impressed that you've
sailed 50 days+. That's REALLY great! Anyone got a dog biscuit for
Jeff? Or maybe some Prozac?

RB
35s5
NY

Scotty August 22nd 07 01:41 PM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
After you inherit 295k in a few years, right?

We already inherited a lot more than that.
Sucks to be you!

then why did you write that you couldn't afford your dream
boat for a few more years?

Scotty (LOVES his current boat)

Ringmaster August 23rd 07 06:38 AM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

It was interesting to see the boats sailing side by side. Flying
a 150%, while we flew a 125%

That 30/30s headsail sure doesn't look like a 150. Looks more like a
125-130. It's probably the guy's #2 you ******.

35s5 always bringing up the rear.

Capt. Rob August 23rd 07 12:47 PM

Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

then why did you write that you couldn't afford your dream
boat for a few more years?

Please link to the post where I said we couldn't afford to buy the
boat now. We're just waiting for Thomas to be a bit older. Sorry,
Scotty. Some folks did well enough to actually not end up with a
Siedelman is our golden years!
Yours are TIN!

Scotty (LOVES his current boat...on Land)

Yup.

RB
35s5
NY