posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default McLube Sailkote: Good or Bad; and where to use it.

McLube Sailkote: Good or Bad; and where to use it.

What is your feeling on using McLube. I hear people
claim they like it and others hate it for lubing track.

Where else is it used in a non-hardware application. [1 pt].

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bart wrote:
McLube Sailkote: Good or Bad; and where to use it.

Where else is it used in a non-hardware application. [1 pt].

Zips on jackets.

--
Capt Scumbalino

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 8, 6:15 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:24:11 -0700, Bart wrote:
McLube Sailkote: Good or Bad; and where to use it.

What is your feeling on using McLube. I hear people
claim they like it and others hate it for lubing track.

Where else is it used in a non-hardware application. [1 pt].

Many places. The one you are probably thinking of is the obvious one in the
product's name. It is used as a coating on sails to reduce friction and shed
moisture.

I have no idea why anyone would "hate it" for sail track. Are you just making
that up, or is there some possible reason why they would hate it for that? The
stuff works quite well if properly applied, lasts a reasonable amount of time,
and doesn't bind dirt to the surfaces wher it is applied.

I didn't make it up. The woman who hated it was a bit of a
wacko though. Perhaps she put too much on and it gummed
up her slides.