posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default PHRF Question

What famous California design rates zero on PHRF?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
oups.com...
What famous California design rates zero on PHRF?

Wasn't that the rating for the original 12-meter AC class boats?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 2, 5:22 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

oups.com...

What famous California design rates zero on PHRF?

Wasn't that the rating for the original 12-meter AC class boats?

--
"j" ganz

I was thinking about the Santa Cruz 50 which rates 0

Of course many other boats rate in wider ranges.

Do you know what boats are penalized in the IOR Rule?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 2, 5:22 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

oups.com...

What famous California design rates zero on PHRF?

Wasn't that the rating for the original 12-meter AC class boats?

--
"j" ganz

I was thinking about the Santa Cruz 50 which rates 0

Of course many other boats rate in wider ranges.

Do you know what boats are penalized in the IOR Rule?

I used to have a boss who had a SC50. Nice boat.

Don't have a clue about the IORs.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 2, 5:22 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

oups.com...

What famous California design rates zero on PHRF?

Wasn't that the rating for the original 12-meter AC class boats?

--
"j" ganz

I was thinking about the Santa Cruz 50 which rates 0

Of course many other boats rate in wider ranges.

Do you know what boats are penalized in the IOR Rule?

I don't know all the details, but I believe boats with large mainsails were
penalized. So were boats with multiple masts, multiple headsails, boats
with narrow beams, etc. Am I close, or were you referring to a specific set
of boats?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 2, 5:22 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

oups.com...

What famous California design rates zero on PHRF?

Wasn't that the rating for the original 12-meter AC class boats?

--
"j" ganz

I was thinking about the Santa Cruz 50 which rates 0

Of course many other boats rate in wider ranges.

Do you know what boats are penalized in the IOR Rule?

I don't know all the details, but I believe boats with large mainsails
were penalized. So were boats with multiple masts, multiple headsails,
boats with narrow beams, etc. Am I close, or were you referring to a
specific set of boats?

Max

Long overhangs too

PHRF Question Bob Crantz ASA 3 January 22nd 06 05:29 PM
Serious PHRF question Capt. Rob ASA 20 January 21st 06 08:28 PM
What is phrf? John Cairns ASA 2 November 5th 05 08:39 PM
PHRF to/from PY Wally ASA 4 June 20th 04 02:44 PM
Mac PHRF lowered to 135 Jim Cate ASA 14 April 17th 04 04:14 PM