posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Agony for Crantz!

There are folks like Crantz who post links to specs, read old issues
of Stereo Review and TAS, and fancy themselves A/V experts.
There is only one real expert and that's the folks who actually
listen, look and buy the actual gear to see how it really performs.
The rest is all BS, just like Crantz name, sockpuppets and boat sold
long ago.

Theatre project continues with most wiring hidden now and my center
channel stand (which I made myself) in place. Front speakers have
about the best image possible and quite a bit nicer than I've heard in
some heavily modded rooms. With virtually no specific wall treatments,
there are almost no audible reflections. I'm still working on the
sides and rears. Power is from Rotel & Denon. Sub is SVS rated down to
16hz and the bass on soundtracks is wonderful.!

The 1080p RPT on the right will eventually give way to a much larger
screen, though everyone likes the system as is. I have yet to unpack
the Blue ray and HD players. Curtain material will also be up shortly.
Bottom line: Watching movies and listening to music on this set up is
FANTASTIC and I've yet to bring the SVS MTS-01 speakers into the mix!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/TheatreA.jpg

See ya!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

There are folks like Crantz who post links to specs, read old issues
of Stereo Review and TAS, and fancy themselves A/V experts.
There is only one real expert and that's the folks who actually
listen, look and buy the actual gear to see how it really performs.
The rest is all BS, just like Crantz name, sockpuppets and boat sold
long ago.

Theatre project continues with most wiring hidden now and my center
channel stand (which I made myself) in place. Front speakers have
about the best image possible and quite a bit nicer than I've heard in
some heavily modded rooms. With virtually no specific wall treatments,
there are almost no audible reflections.

......says more about the hearing damaged inflicted on an aging sedentarian
while beating on helpless drunks during his misspent youth than it does
about the stereo....

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

As soon as I heard about Harry Pearson, I never bought another TAS or
anything else he touched.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

BTW, that listening room looks like Allen Perkin's store's listening room.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:43:06 -0000, "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

[...]

Good work, Bob. Not getting into any "technicals" - I can't - it nice
to see your enthusiasm for your system. I like how you back up your
discussion, whether about sailing or "theatre" with concrete examples
and that you often post photos/video of your actual experience.
BTW, Aliens - "It's over man, it over!" is my favorite of the series,
and the mere mention of it always reminds me of Bill Paxton, and his
extensive list of credits. It can be argued that it was his
hysterical voice and words that lent much of the air of impending
panic to the film.

--Vic

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"It's over man, it over!" is my favorite of the series,
and the mere mention of it always reminds me of Bill Paxton, and his
extensive list of credits. It can be argued that it was his
hysterical voice and words that lent much of the air of impending
panic to the film.

Alien's is certainly the crowd pleaser and few expected a sequel to be
so good. Still, Alien was the movie that gave me some scares and has
Ridley Scottt's amazing cinematography.
Bill Paxton credits Aliens with really giving him his break as
everyone knew him for those lines. He also appears in the first
Terminator and has a memorable role in Weird Science. It was nice to
see him get the pay off of some real stardom in mainstream films
dispite being essentially a character actor in fun films such as
Tombstone.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:39:54 -0000, "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

Alien's is certainly the crowd pleaser and few expected a sequel to be
so good. Still, Alien was the movie that gave me some scares and has
Ridley Scottt's amazing cinematography.
Bill Paxton credits Aliens with really giving him his break as
everyone knew him for those lines. He also appears in the first
Terminator and has a memorable role in Weird Science. It was nice to
see him get the pay off of some real stardom in mainstream films
dispite being essentially a character actor in fun films such as
Tombstone.

He's always solid. Irish Travelers and Frailty were excellent.
His over-the-top vampire in Near Dark bordered on camp.
Despite the work he's done, most people don't even know who he is.
Almost a Harry Dean Stanton. "Avenge me!!!!!!"

--Vic
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Good work, Bob. Not getting into any "technicals" - I can't - it
nice
to see your enthusiasm for your system. I like how you back up your
discussion, whether about sailing or "theatre" with concrete examples
and that you often post photos/video of your actual experience.

The bottom line is that trolls like Martin, Bart, Crantz, Scotty and
the rest don't DO anything. They labor on about sailing, about cars or
whatever, but they are just repeating stuff they heard. You can read
all you want about WRX STI's and Porsche Carerra S4's, but if you
don't drive one then your just full of hot air. I'm essentially a
daysailor doing the occasional overnighter, but I SAIL my boat more
than the folks here. Part of that is my passion for it and the other
part is a series of lucky circumstances that allow me to sail so much.
So in the end Scotty can only complain that I don't do long trips and
Sloco cries that I don't race. They are frustrated by how I play with
my toys, all the while never comprehending that loving sailing is
about the sailing itself. That means I don't care about distances
sailed or even if I'm on a lake aboard a Hobie 16. If you get the
point then racing or raising sail to "get somewhere" are just not part
of the zen. Taking little trips are also fun, but I'd rather just
sail.
As for the pictures, it's so easy to do and always sends the trolls
into a tizzy, but there are also a few here who apperciate some
sailing shots and actual content that's on topic instead of talk about
Corolla's and Sodering Irons.
My cold is history and I'll be sailing tomorrow and the weekend. My
boat is short hauled for a new shaft, so I'll be sailing on a Catalina
30 and hopefully a Santana 30/30 I just sold.

Cheers,

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:08:26 -0000, "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

but there are also a few here who apperciate some
sailing shots and actual content that's on topic instead of talk about
Corolla's and Sodering Irons.

Count me among them.

My cold is history and I'll be sailing tomorrow and the weekend. My
boat is short hauled for a new shaft, so I'll be sailing on a Catalina
30 and hopefully a Santana 30/30 I just sold.

Cool. Actually being in the sailboat business must give you more
opportunity to sail and know different boats. Nice combination.
Doing something you enjoy and making money at it.
I always told my kids not to worry about the money; just do what you
love to do and the money normally follows the expertise. And if it
doesn't, no big deal.

--Vic