posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Agony for Crantz!

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:08:26 -0000, "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

but there are also a few here who apperciate some
sailing shots and actual content that's on topic instead of talk about
Corolla's and Sodering Irons.

Count me among them.

My cold is history and I'll be sailing tomorrow and the weekend. My
boat is short hauled for a new shaft, so I'll be sailing on a Catalina
30 and hopefully a Santana 30/30 I just sold.

Cool. Actually being in the sailboat business must give you more
opportunity to sail and know different boats. Nice combination.
Doing something you enjoy and making money at it.
I always told my kids not to worry about the money; just do what you
love to do and the money normally follows the expertise. And if it
doesn't, no big deal.

--Vic

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Vic Smith wrote:

Cool. Actually being in the sailboat business must give you more
opportunity to sail and know different boats.

Looks like you have a live one there Bob, hope your drag is nice and
smooth, you wouldn't want to lose this one; it's been a while after all.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Cool. Actually being in the sailboat business must give you more
opportunity to sail and know different boats. Nice combination.

I'm barely in the business. My deal is selling the few sailboats at my
club for the brokerage and helping some insurance situations with
sailboats. All sailboat sails are generally run through up and
including the sea trial. My most recent deal was taking a Pearson 26
on trade for a Santana 30/30 and I had a lot of fun sailing the quick
little Santana. In spite of all the ****ed off people you see on ASA,
helping someone get their sailing fantasy into reality is awesome.
Years ago someone helped me and I never tire of doing the same for
someone new. The real world payback is that I haven't had a boat
related service bill in 3 seasons. I'm comped on everything.
Recently I've been bringing kids out sailing. I'd guess you'd call
them privledged already since they live in big houses with pools and
live in the country, but sailing a 35 foot boat is totally new for
them!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...bsprit/CJ2.jpg

So sailing, which I began in a deep depression after the death of a
loved one, is now one of the most uplifting things I can spend my time
doing. You just have to get out there and good times will find you!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...prit/swim2.jpg

RB
35s5
NY