posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Big Ship Piracy Question

What are the name of the two countries whose
cargo ships and tankers are never attacked by
pirates?

[2 pts]

Explain why.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

What are the name of the two countries...

Hey Bart I can't answer that.

But a year or so ago I use to be an avid follower of
the weekly piracy reports that were issued by the In-
ternatial Maritime Bureau.

So your question piqued my interest...

As you well know... when it comes to the commercial
vessels... you got the ones doing the chartering (in
most cases... I think)... then the actual owners...
and last but not least the country of vessel registry.

For example... the months I spent on a small container
ship sailing the South Pacific from the West Coast... had
a San Francisco entity that was the charter... the ship
was German owned... and flagged in some Bum F*ck Egypt
type country. heh heh

But out of interest that I have in commercial vessels...
and the boarding threats in different parts of the world...
I would appreciate your conclusions.

Best regards

Bill

Anacapa Isle Marina
Channel Islands Harbor
Oxnard, California

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 30, 5:22 pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Yeah I'm waiting too. Id guess China and Russia, they would open up
with AK 47's and not worry to much about backlash.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 30, 5:22 pm, "
wrote:
[...]

If I'm not mistaken, piracy worldwide is down in recent years.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jun 30, 8:25 pm, Joe wrote:
On Jun 30, 5:22 pm, "

wrote:
[...]

According to the book "Dangerous Waters"
by John S. Burnett the two countries are
Israel and Russia.

http://www.modernpiracy.com/

I agree with your assessment. Mariners from
those two countries would deal with piracy the
old fashioned way by fighting back, and not by
writing reports.