posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default What does it mean when a boat is always for sale?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...id=1361&url =

Here it is up for sale again--Merlin the lengendary Bill
Lee design that won the TransPac three times, and set
and held the Transpac record for so many years.

It make me wonder, is there something wrong with
the boat? Could it have core delamination issues
in the hull?

Is it just a bad interior layout? Is it not fun to sail?

Any ideas?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...id=1361&url =

Here it is up for sale again--Merlin the lengendary Bill
Lee design that won the TransPac three times, and set
and held the Transpac record for so many years.

It make me wonder, is there something wrong with
the boat? Could it have core delamination issues
in the hull?

Is it just a bad interior layout? Is it not fun to sail?

Any ideas?

Maybe the new owners keep wanting something faster...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 26, 10:39 am, Bart

Any ideas?

1. No one likes it.
2. No one can afford it.
3. All the owners do not know what they want.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bart wrote
Any ideas?

Outdated, much smaller than her length would make her seem. IIRC
'Merlin' was built of plywood, no core delamination. Still, she could
easily have structural issues.

Joe wrote:
1. No one likes it.

Well, I guess a multiple TransPac winner and a piece of ocean racing
history isn't for everybody.

2. No one can afford it.

You mean, the seller wants too much? That's a common problem.

3. All the owners do not know what they want.

That's an even more common problem.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...id=1361&url =

Here it is up for sale again--Merlin the lengendary Bill
Lee design that won the TransPac three times, and set
and held the Transpac record for so many years.

It make me wonder, is there something wrong with
the boat? Could it have core delamination issues
in the hull?

Is it just a bad interior layout? Is it not fun to sail?

Any ideas?

There are few things more useless than a thirty year old racer. She's like a
sixty year old prom-queen: pictures, trophies, and crowns, gathering dust
in the attic.