posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Another great day aboard Heart of Gold....

Let's face the basic facts: We sail and most of you post about sailing
and stay home!

Fantastic sailing today....hope for more of the same tomorrow and
Tuesday! We tuned the rig better today and found the boat an even
bigger delight to sail.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=80593autW68

&

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/16thsail.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Happy Father's Day, Nutsy!

Give my Namesake a big hug and Nutsy, make a good sailor out him. I was
12 when I started sailing on LIS. It gave me a lifetime of direction &
pleasure.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:
Happy Father's Day, Nutsy!

Give my Namesake a big hug and Nutsy, make a good sailor out him. I was
12 when I started sailing on LIS. It gave me a lifetime of direction &
pleasure.

Same to you, Thom!
Beyond the more obvious things we're making a special effort with
Thomas. We know a LOT of folks with kids who'd rather be at the mall
than sail and we've made sure he has a better chance to fall in love
with boats.
We almost always bring him when there's friends aboard. Making a
social outing for him is great all around and he equates the boat with
people. We don't stay out beyond his limits. Yesterday we sailed 5
hours. For a daysail that's plenty and he loved every minute of it.
Another key is paying more attention to him aboard, getting him
involved and just chatting. But the main thing is not to force him
into boating experiences he'd be bored by. There's time for that
later!
So in the end we plan to sacrifice quite a few weekend trips to slowly
get him into it all. We've learned this from a couple who's daughter
is an avid sailor and this was the technique they used. At best Thomas
will love to sail...and at worst he'll not end up indifferent to it
like so many sailing offspring. I can honestly say he has yet to have
a bad time aboard and he couldn't wait to get back aboard today. When
we got back to the club today one of our neighbors took us aboard her
Tayana and she couldn't get over how at-home & happy Thomas was
aboard.
So....we're sailing, having fun and watching Thomas get his sea legs.
Good times.
So...? How are you? Your health hanging in there? Getting any boating
in?

Robert
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Putz" wrote in message
ps.com...
Let's face the basic facts: We day sail and most of you do

real sailing

Putz!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. DickHead Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..

When
we got back to the club today one of our neighbors took us

aboard her
Tayana and she couldn't get over how big Thomas' head was.
We couldn't get it through the companion way.

oiy!

Heart of Gold Sailing Fast jlrogers±³© ASA 2 December 23rd 06 01:45 AM
Heart of Gold powered byYamaha 9.9! Gilligan ASA 0 October 25th 06 04:09 AM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
FAFNISMOL - The Ballad of Fafnir Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 September 19th 03 02:46 PM