Default Creative ways to get something for nothing.

You've probably read about my battery scam and my printer cartridge
scam. Here's another couple of good ones.

This scam is called price arbitrage. It works like this. You go to a
retail store like Wal Mart and you buy a nice watch, for example, that
costs a hundred bucks. You go back a day later and buy one that looks
pretty much like the first but only costs fifty bucks. You put the fifty
dollar watch into the 100 dollar watch packaging and receipt and return
it for a full refund in the time allotted. You get 100 dollars back so
you got the 100 dollar watch for only fifty bucks. You can do this with
all sorts of items.

You can do this at the liquor store too. Buy a big bottle of premium
rum. Take it home and empty the premium rum into another container and
then fill the original bottle up with the cheapest rum you can buy. Then
screw the cap back on and return it with the receipt. Tell the clerk
that you're bringing it back because when you got it home you noticed
the metal seal on the cap had been broken. Tell them you don't want your
money back, you just would like to exchange it for a sealed bottle for
safety reasons.

You'll get a free bottle of premium rum or more accurately premium rum
for the price of cheap rum. I've been working this scam for years. The
only problem is you can't keep doing it to the same store. You can get
by with it maybe once or twice a year.

Wilbur Hubbard

On May 24, 7:29 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
[...]

Most peoples time is worth more than you'd save doing any of these
things. Maybe your time is worth maybe $7.00/hr?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey Dopey!

If you're paying $50 for a watch, you being taken to the cleaners.BIG
TIME, DOPEY!!

My last three watch haven't cost me $20 total. All quartz movements. The
replacement battery are high than a new watch.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Hey Dopey!

If you're paying $50 for a watch, you being taken to the cleaners.BIG
TIME, DOPEY!!

My last three watch haven't cost me $20 total. All quartz movements. The
replacement battery are high than a new watch.

I've worn the same watch since 1978. No batteries, no winding.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
Watch? We don't need no stinkin watches.

I tell time by the sun.

Scotty

Why bother with telling time? For you, I'm sure it's ALWAYS beer-thirty.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 26 May 2007 10:23:12 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote this crap:

Watch? We don't need no stinkin watches.

I tell time by the sun.

How bout at night?

This post is 100% free of steroids
posted to alt.sailing.asa

.com...
wrote this crap:

Watch? We don't need no stinkin watches.

I tell time by the sun.

How bout night?

That's when there's no sun. Sheesh!

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey Terd,

Time at night is easier and more positive than day time.

If you don't know; the tail of the Little Dipper rotates around the
North Star each 24 hours. You can only see this AT NIGHT.

I see you've haven't stood many night time watch at sea.