posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Huh?

katysails wrote:
Came back from NC after a wodnerful weekend with great weather and wind
and some really grat sailing adn you guys are still at it abaout guns
and stuff? Didn't any of you get out on your boats? We had a very
profitable weekend chore-side too and got some uch needed things done,
including some mroe varnishing...

Well, we didn't go sailing but we did go out on boat. Tested new
autopilot, worked fairly well except in a quartering wind/sea ("chop"
would really be the proper description).

It really was a great weekend for sailing, probably one of the best
we'll have until fall. It's already starting to get hot & sticky. Time
to head north on a nice cruise!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Went to the boat today to put on a second coat of bottom
paint and wax the port side ( did the starboard side last
week before it rained). Drove back to were I left the boat
last time but it wasn't there, figured they moved it out of
somebody's way. Drove around the marina but couldn't find
my boat, weird feeling, huh? Drove down to the docks and
there she was, hanging from the crane, about to be splashed.
When I told the yard guys what I came down for they offered
to put her back on stands. But I knew, once they did that,
it would be a few weeks before launching , so I said no,
just put her in.
Only had the genny with me, so I bent it on and went for a
sail. WhooHoo...first sail of the season!!!!

Scotty

wrote in message
oups.com..
..
katysails wrote:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
Went to the boat today to put on a second coat of bottom
paint and wax the port side ( did the starboard side last
week before it rained). Drove back to were I left the boat
last time but it wasn't there, figured they moved it out of
somebody's way. Drove around the marina but couldn't find
my boat, weird feeling, huh? Drove down to the docks and
there she was, hanging from the crane, about to be splashed.
When I told the yard guys what I came down for they offered
to put her back on stands. But I knew, once they did that,
it would be a few weeks before launching , so I said no,
just put her in.
Only had the genny with me, so I bent it on and went for a
sail. WhooHoo...first sail of the season!!!!

Scotty

Just be sure to only sail with your starboard side toward shore.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
Went to the boat today to put on a second coat of bottom
paint and wax the port side ( did the starboard side last
week before it rained). Drove back to were I left the boat
last time but it wasn't there, figured they moved it out of
somebody's way. Drove around the marina but couldn't find
my boat, weird feeling, huh? Drove down to the docks and
there she was, hanging from the crane, about to be splashed.
When I told the yard guys what I came down for they offered
to put her back on stands. But I knew, once they did that,
it would be a few weeks before launching , so I said no,
just put her in.
Only had the genny with me, so I bent it on and went for a
sail. WhooHoo...first sail of the season!!!!

Scotty

wrote in message
oups.com..
.

katysails wrote:

[...]

You can always wax the other side from the dinghy...a PITA but better
than waiting a couple of weeks....painting underwater is another thing
but hey...you got to sail!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

You can always wax the other side from the dinghy...a PITA

but better
than waiting a couple of weeks....painting underwater is

another thing
but hey...you got to sail!

Wax smwax, who cares.

I can anchor at the beach, in 3' of water and do it there,
too.
Do they make floating extension cords?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

You can always wax the other side from the dinghy...a PITA

but better

than waiting a couple of weeks....painting underwater is

another thing

but hey...you got to sail!

Wax smwax, who cares.

I can anchor at the beach, in 3' of water and do it there,
too.
Do they make floating extension cords?

Scotty

Tell me when you
're going to stand in salt water with an electric appliance so I can be
there with my video camera..will make a great YouTube video...what song
do you want it set to?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

Wax smwax, who cares.

I can anchor at the beach, in 3' of water and do it

there,
too.
Do they make floating extension cords?

Scotty

Tell me when you
're going to stand in salt water with an electric

appliance so I can be
there with my video camera..will make a great YouTube

video...what song
do you want it set to?

I've done it before, you just have to hold the buffer above
the water.

Scotty