posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Bush will invade Iran

"Nathan Branden" wrote in message
I got the lowdown from my contacts in MarInt. Bush will invade Iran.
The Marines will spearhead the invasion with the largest amphibious
assault since D-Day. They will do an Inchon style landing near the
Iraqi border and cut the country in two.

Take a look at a relief map, Nathan and you will quickly see what an
unworkable scenario that is.
Note especially the mountain range that stands in the way of any invasion
from the south. They are high. Sweltering heat at sea level and snow at the
top.
I have done the trip over the top in a Land Rover and it was mighty hard
going even for that. The roads wind around the mountainsides with
precipitious falls into the valley if you go offroad, so road blocks would
be simple to arrange. The same problem would face you if you went further
north in Iraq and tried to cross from there. Your 'contacts' are feeding
you bum information.
You could not cut Iran in two from near the Iraqi border but admittedly you
could take over just about all their oilfields, but you would still be a
long way from the rest of the country.