posted to alt.buzzard.rules,alt.countrystuff,alt.drugs.pot,alt.hackers.malicious,alt.sailing.asa

Default My afternoon outing

I have to ride the bus, see; because my car was stolen and although
I've been given a new one I need a little more time to insure it.

So I've just visited my friends in Fernwood, eh?
And they are quite the psychedelic household. Jimi Fritz is the
fellow's name. He got rich catering to the growers market for Neem
oil, and he's always got something interesting laying aboot, as it
were....

The conversation at his house concerned pan-dimensional travels and
his recent trip to India. His youngest son, shockingly /Manly/
contrasting my last memory of him (it's been a while, the older son
is still overseas) is busy sanding the floor of the new renovations
going on in the house...

So I've got a DMT trip scheduled now for the coming month and I'm
really looking forward to it.

On the way home I:
1) met another old friend whom I haven't seen in seven years, with
his brood of beautiful half Vietnamese girls, also shockingly older
than memory suggested...

2) Had a very interesting and complex interaction with three mutual
strangers on the bus, as follows:

Rubby 'A' got on the bus downtown when I transferred. "Chubby Girl"
was already on the bus. The bus was several minutes late. I was
already deeply engrossed in haqcking a WiFi signal with my handheld,
and almost missed this bus on the assumption I had missed that
connection a few minutes earlier.

Rubby 'B' gets on the bus a couple stops later. Says "Hi" to Rubby
'A' and asks him if everything is all right downtown. Rubby 'A'
gives a gruff unintelligible response, less than friendly so it
seemed...

A few minutes later, Rubby 'A' comes out of his reverie and offers
Rubby 'B' a penny, saying, "For good luck, the rest of the day!"
with a bright and chipper demeanor, no less! Rubby 'B' is so taken
aback at first he attempts to refuse it. Rubby 'A' insists, mumbling
something about his grandfather's teachings... Rubby 'B' accepts the
copper coin.

I'm trying to hide a smile, the last thing I need is for a rubby to
try to attach themselves to me.. But at last I can resist the
temptation no longer, and turn to Rubby 'A' and say, "The less the
penny is worth, the more powerful the magic!" To which he agrees.
And then I also add, "And the power is to the giver!", and the two
of us have a chuckle together as he now knows I understand the magic
of his grandfather.

He tells me this was the second penny he had managed to give away
today, and I make note of the lovely weather we are having. And then
I have a novel thought.

"Chubby Girl" asks me what time it is. I show her the watch my Mum
gave me last year, radio controlled from Cheyenne Mountain. She gets
off at the next stop.

I dig out the coins in my pocket, and sure enough, there is only one
dime, as shiny and new as I remembered it; and I offer it to Rubby
'A' saying, "Thank You" as he accepted it, then adding: "This dime
was tossed at the fountains and missed, landing at my feet as I used
the payphone this afternoon" adding a reference to a specific
location in the Eaton's Centre downtown where the payphones are. The
fountains there are dry right now as maintenance is being done...

He barely had time to process what had just taken place when he had
to catch his stop. I got to watch his eyes widen. He managed to get
his wits about him enough to say 'thank you' back at me as he got
off the bus.

I then turned to watch the late afternoon sun sparkling across the
Gorge Waterway as the bus took me my last few stops home. With the
hugest **** eating grin which I found impossible to relax for some
time...

--
When you do something right,
No one will know you did anything at all.

....attributed to 'God'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nXT8lSnPQ

posted to alt.buzzard.rules,alt.countrystuff,alt.drugs.pot,alt.hackers.malicious,alt.sailing.asa

Nice.

posted to alt.buzzard.rules,alt.countrystuff,alt.drugs.pot,alt.hackers.malicious,alt.sailing.asa

Female Plant wrote:
Nice.

I sure thought so. Worth retelling, in fact.

--
When you do something right,
No one will know you did anything at all.

....attributed to 'God'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nXT8lSnPQ

posted to alt.buzzard.rules,alt.countrystuff,alt.drugs.pot,alt.hackers.malicious,alt.sailing.asa

Nice.

I sure thought so. Worth retelling, in fact.

Yup.

Female Plant wrote:
Nice.

I sure thought so. Worth retelling, in fact.

Yup.

I /so/ appreciate you.

--
When you do something right,
No one will know you did anything at all.

....attributed to 'God'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nXT8lSnPQ

posted to alt.buzzard.rules,alt.countrystuff,alt.drugs.pot,alt.hackers.malicious,alt.sailing.asa

In ups.com,
Female Plant typed:
:: Female Plant wrote:
::::: Nice.
:::: I sure thought so. Worth retelling, in fact.
::
::: Yup.
::
:: I /so/ appreciate you.
::
:
: No you don't.

you seem unusually confrontational today.

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
"Warning to all:
Steve Leyland is a trolling **** of the highest order. Killfile the
muppet now and move on. Even the briefest of searches on his past
UseNet posts will reveal the truth. You have been warned. *plonk*"
bear, uk.rec.motorcycles
"I didn't delete any part of your meaningless, pointless, worthless
post in order to clearly demonstrate that you are the nemesis of
Usenet: the crossposting, non-editing, diagram-creating worthless,
dickless, brainless, gutless, mindless, ball-less, spineless, flaccid,
obese, fish-belly pale, ugly, VD-ridden, moronic, bald, hunch-backed,
flat-footed, odoriferous, obnoxious, fecal-smelling, buck-toothed,
physically handicapped, fungus-infected, HIV positive, mud-packing,
masturbating, whining, simpering, self-important, arrogant, egomaniacal
POS that takes up more bandwidth than a despicable binary-poster, and
for no apparent reason beyond seeing his own defecatory vomitus
slithering down the screen in vile green rivulets."

Admiral Halsey, alt.sailing.asa
"I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

|\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
/, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
|,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

posted to alt.buzzard.rules,alt.countrystuff,alt.drugs.pot,alt.hackers.malicious,alt.sailing.asa

Steve Leyland wrote:
In ups.com,
Female Plant typed:
:: Female Plant wrote:
::::: Nice.
:::: I sure thought so. Worth retelling, in fact.
::
::: Yup.
::
:: I /so/ appreciate you.
::
:
: No you don't.

you seem unusually confrontational today.

I tend to bring that out in her, I think....

--
When you do something right,
No one will know you did anything at all.

Unl3ss yous is litslut#2, however!

(I'll work on it...)

tacking all afternoon Capt. JG ASA 17 February 15th 07 02:27 PM
Bit fresh this afternoon! Bart ASA 12 October 10th 06 09:25 PM
OT Some Friday afternoon Humor JimH General 1 May 13th 06 04:34 PM
First outing of the year! Jack Goff General 7 January 5th 06 02:28 AM
AFTERNOON SAIL Thom Stewart ASA 3 February 28th 05 09:11 PM