posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Brass vs Bronze

"Milton Waddams" wrote in message
Which is better for general maritime hardware such as hinges, clasps,
cleats, etc: Brass or Bronze?What is naval bronze? Thanks, as always,

Milton

Why don't you just google it. All those questions can be answered specific
to your application.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 14, 11:24 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Milton Waddams" wrote in message

Which is better for general maritime hardware such as hinges, clasps,
cleats, etc: Brass or Bronze?What is naval bronze? Thanks, as always,

Milton

Why don't you just google it. All those questions can be answered specific
to your application.

--
"j" ganz

What the difference of G or M Naval Bronze. I can't find that on
Google. ;0)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:

What the difference of G or M Naval Bronze. I can't find that on
Google. ;0)

Joe

M= mangenese bronze (heavy duty high strength, for gears, cams, screw
down nuts, etc.)
G= Germanium bronze (high corrosion resistance)

Cheers
marty

Brass vs Bronze Joe ASA 7 March 18th 07 11:28 AM
Brass fastners for Rub Rail? Steve Boat Building 2 September 7th 05 10:42 PM
Bronze Seacock Paranoia? cvj Cruising 13 July 19th 05 06:20 AM
FA: Big cast bronze tug boat horn LOUD! [email protected] General 1 May 11th 05 04:34 PM
Tonval Bronze or Not? garry crothers Boat Building 0 October 8th 03 12:06 PM