posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default How to row ashore

Here's one for all you wimps that have an outboard on your dink. Real
men row:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Jeff wrote:
Here's one for all you wimps that have an outboard on your dink. Real
men row:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg

\
I've seen a dredge do that...it's hilarious..looks like some kind of
metallix prehistoric monster paddling down the water...and BTW, real
women row also...if I put an outboard on the back of Dinghy from Hell
the front end would be perpendicular to the water! So I row. And my
granddaughter is on the crew team at school so she's REALLY rowing!
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 5, 7:48 am, Jeff wrote:
Here's one for all you wimps that have an outboard on your dink. Real
men row:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg

They do that here all the time, but they use the bottom and reach out
in front of the barge and pull it along like poling across the lake,
it's a company thats puts in bulkheads on the lake.

I wonder if he could be busted for running a commerical vessel without
a licences, and not having the proper lights and equipment for a power
vessel of that size. IMO the barge is now a power vessel.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

* katy wrote, On 3/5/2007 8:54 AM:
Jeff wrote:
Here's one for all you wimps that have an outboard on your dink. Real
men row:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg

\
I've seen a dredge do that...it's hilarious..looks like some kind of
metallix prehistoric monster paddling down the water...and BTW, real
women row also...if I put an outboard on the back of Dinghy from Hell
the front end would be perpendicular to the water! So I row. And my
granddaughter is on the crew team at school so she's REALLY rowing!

My daughter has started on my rowing machine. She has just enough
time to get that scholarship to Radcliffe.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Jeff wrote:
* katy wrote, On 3/5/2007 8:54 AM:

Jeff wrote:

Here's one for all you wimps that have an outboard on your dink.
Real men row:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg

\
I've seen a dredge do that...it's hilarious..looks like some kind of
metallix prehistoric monster paddling down the water...and BTW, real
women row also...if I put an outboard on the back of Dinghy from Hell
the front end would be perpendicular to the water! So I row. And my
granddaughter is on the crew team at school so she's REALLY rowing!

My daughter has started on my rowing machine. She has just enough time
to get that scholarship to Radcliffe.

We're going for U of M...she has my rowing machine...either that or the
DAR scholarship...

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 5, 10:17 am, katy wrote:
Jeff wrote:
* katy wrote, On 3/5/2007 8:54 AM:

Jeff wrote:

Here's one for all you wimps that have an outboard on your dink.
Real men row:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg

\
I've seen a dredge do that...it's hilarious..looks like some kind of
metallix prehistoric monster paddling down the water...and BTW, real
women row also...if I put an outboard on the back of Dinghy from Hell
the front end would be perpendicular to the water! So I row. And my
granddaughter is on the crew team at school so she's REALLY rowing!

My daughter has started on my rowing machine. She has just enough time
to get that scholarship to Radcliffe.

We're going for U of M...she has my rowing machine...either that or the
DAR scholarship...- Hide quoted text -

Why not try for Stanford?

They have an X olympic gold medal coach.

http://www.rowingnews.com/sub.cfm?se...ilydose&ID=146

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
On Mar 5, 10:17 am, katy wrote:

Jeff wrote:

* katy wrote, On 3/5/2007 8:54 AM:

Jeff wrote:

[...]

Becasue she lives in Michigan and U of M is an excellent school...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
On Mar 5, 10:17 am, katy wrote:

Jeff wrote:

* katy wrote, On 3/5/2007 8:54 AM:

Jeff wrote:

[...]

Do they offer a degree in highway traffic safety?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:
* katy wrote, On 3/5/2007 8:54 AM:

Jeff wrote:

Here's one for all you wimps that have an outboard on your dink.
Real men row:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg

\
I've seen a dredge do that...it's hilarious..looks like some kind of
metallix prehistoric monster paddling down the water...and BTW, real
women row also...if I put an outboard on the back of Dinghy from Hell
the front end would be perpendicular to the water! So I row. And my
granddaughter is on the crew team at school so she's REALLY rowing!

My daughter has started on my rowing machine. She has just enough time
to get that scholarship to Radcliffe.

We're going for U of M...she has my rowing machine...either that or the
DAR scholarship...

She can get/keep fit on a rowing machine but it is nothing like a racing
shell. Hugely muscular people from other sports often win championships on
indoor rowing machines but a racing shell demands speed of hand allied to
technique. Good technique can only be learned on the water.
If she is keen she should join a rowing club and get on the water in a shell
at the earliest possible age. Start on a single. Any single sculler can
quickly learn sweep rowing but the reverse is not true.
Best of all you can keep rowing and competing to whatever age!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Edgar wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Jeff wrote:

* katy wrote, On 3/5/2007 8:54 AM:

Jeff wrote:

[...]

Cost prohibitive and the Grand is no place for a kid to be sculling
alone...she is also sailing Butterflies in the summer...whole different
set of muscles, etc, but still needs eye/hand coordination, etc.
Unfortuantelu, the school only has the team boats and no facilities for
single rowers...I'm just glad that she's doing it...her younger sister
isn't interested at all ...didn't like sailing Opti's at all and is
really into her celloand viola...at least one of them wanted to be on
the water!