posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Are plastic flareguns safe?

Nathan Branden wrote:
I prefer metal flareguns to plastic. Unfortunately, they are hard to
find.That's one reason why a 12 ga shotgun is so useful. Anyone ever
hear of a plastic one exploding in the operator's hands?

Nathan

Only if you shoot a regular shotgun shell out of it!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Nathan Branden wrote:
I prefer metal flareguns to plastic. Unfortunately, they are hard to
find.That's one reason why a 12 ga shotgun is so useful. Anyone ever
hear of a plastic one exploding in the operator's hands?

Nathan

Only if you shoot a regular shotgun shell out of it!

And, you can get a chamber addition that allows you to do that... $80 I
believe.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 1, 11:11 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Nathan Branden wrote:
I prefer metal flareguns to plastic. Unfortunately, they are hard to
find.That's one reason why a 12 ga shotgun is so useful. Anyone ever
hear of a plastic one exploding in the operator's hands?

Nathan

Only if you shoot a regular shotgun shell out of it!

And, you can get a chamber addition that allows you to do that... $80 I
believe.

--
"j" ganz

80 dollars? You've paid to much
http://www.keepshooting.com/military...-flare-gun.htm

The german flare guns looks nice too.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 1, 11:11 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Nathan Branden wrote:
I prefer metal flareguns to plastic. Unfortunately, they are hard
find.That's one reason why a 12 ga shotgun is so useful. Anyone
ever
hear of a plastic one exploding in the operator's hands?

Nathan

Only if you shoot a regular shotgun shell out of it!

And, you can get a chamber addition that allows you to do that... $80
believe.

--
"j" ganz

80 dollars? You've paid to much
http://www.keepshooting.com/military...-flare-gun.htm

The german flare guns looks nice too.

Joe

Slurp, slurp . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news
On 1 Mar 2007 10:19:18 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

On Mar 1, 11:11 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Nathan Branden wrote:
I prefer metal flareguns to plastic. Unfortunately, they are hard to
find.That's one reason why a 12 ga shotgun is so useful. Anyone
ever
hear of a plastic one exploding in the operator's hands?

Nathan

Only if you shoot a regular shotgun shell out of it!

And, you can get a chamber addition that allows you to do that... $80 I
believe.

--
"j" ganz

80 dollars? You've paid to much
http://www.keepshooting.com/military...-flare-gun.htm

That's not what Jon was referring to. That adapter just makes it so
you can use standard 12 gauge flares in that particular pistol. The
product Jon mentioned converts a plastic flare gun into a single shot
(38 caliber?) pistol.

CWM

Yup... that's what I was talking about. Can't recall where to buy them... I
think I saw it in a magazine.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
Yup... that's what I was talking about. Can't recall where to buy them...
think I saw it in a magazine.

The guy runs a small ad in the back of sailing magazines. He claims
they are completely legal, but I can see where it might get you into
trouble in some places and situations, especially if you actually use
it.

Yeah... I can imagine that ... of course, if you use it, then pop it out and
toss it over the side... you can sit in jail while they try to figure out
how you shot the guy. I wouldn't want to rely on his word for it that it's
legal or not. But, I suppose it's better than being dead if it came to that.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

If it did shoot a 12 ga shotgun shell it would be illegal. BATF regulations
limit the length of a shotgun barrel to no less than about 12 or 14".

Converting it into a .38 pistol is also illegal. BATF Regs.

This is legal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzoc37e3UNc

Amen!