posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Are plastic flareguns safe?

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
Yup... that's what I was talking about. Can't recall where to buy them...
think I saw it in a magazine.

The guy runs a small ad in the back of sailing magazines. He claims
they are completely legal, but I can see where it might get you into
trouble in some places and situations, especially if you actually use
it.

Yeah... I can imagine that ... of course, if you use it, then pop it out and
toss it over the side... you can sit in jail while they try to figure out
how you shot the guy. I wouldn't want to rely on his word for it that it's
legal or not. But, I suppose it's better than being dead if it came to that.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com