posted to alt.sailing.asa,alt.religion.asatru,soc.men,alt.fan.notb

Default How many of you believe...

CovvTseTung wrote in
:

In article 45c9050d$0$97260$892e7fe2
@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net, Ellen MacArthur says...

"CovvTseTung" wrote
He writes more like 5 than 55

I bet he snitches on you for saying that.... He's the most
prolific netcop
ever to disgrace this newsgroup or probably any newsgroup.... He's
got it down to a science. Watch your step or he'll make legal threats
against your ISP and they'll throw you overboard because it's easier
to give customers the boot than defend against threatened lawsuits.

Cheers,
Ellen

Thanks for the head's up, but I chose my NSP specifically
because Chris Caputo (the owner) doesn't cave in or scare
easily. Have you ever looked at Altopia's acceptable use
policy? At $6 per month its cheap insurance against
fjuckkkheaded netkkkops like the 'Captain'.

from https://www.altopia.com/polfaq.html :

Q: What if I don't like one of your customers or what they are
saying on Usenet? Will you delete them for me if I complain
enough?

A: No.

Q: One of your users is harassing me. What should I do?

A: You should probably ask them to stop or try to ignore them.

Q: What is your policy on off-topic postings?

A: We do not have a policy against off-topic postings

Most ISPs don't have a policy against off-topic postings and the like
because they do not consider themselves as editors of content. They
merely provide a connection and connectivity, much like the phone
company. You can sue an individual for what they say and do, but not the
carrier service. Once a carrier, be it an ISP or someone like the phone
company, starts regulating content, they then assume responsibility for
that content, and can be held liable for it. So that's why they don't
have policies concerning usage or content.

the Curmudgeon
posted to alt.sailing.asa,alt.religion.asatru,soc.men,alt.fan.notb

"the Curmudgeon" wrote ...
CovvTseTung wrote In article 45c9050d$0$97260$892e7fe2
[...]

A: No.

Q: One of your users is harassing me. What should I do?

A: You should probably ask them to stop or try to ignore them.

Q: What is your policy on off-topic postings?

A: We do not have a policy against off-topic postings

Most ISPs don't have a policy against off-topic postings and the like
because they do not consider themselves as editors of content. They
merely provide a connection and connectivity, much like the phone
company. You can sue an individual for what they say and do, but not the
carrier service. Once a carrier, be it an ISP or someone like the phone
company, starts regulating content, they then assume responsibility for
that content, and can be held liable for it. So that's why they don't
have policies concerning usage or content.

the Curmudgeon

Hi, Mr. Curmudgeon. Altopia would be better if it didn't give the IP number in the
headers. Since they give the IP number (your post has it) it gives snitches like Capt. JG
an easy way to find and complain about you to your ISP. The news server I'm using doesn't
show my ISP number so it makes it so netcops can only complain to the news server.
It's not so bad getting kicked off an news server because there's lots of them. But in
some places there's only one ISP. If you get kicked off you're stuck with no internet
access. this gives people like Capt. JG orgasms. A couple people who used to post to
alt.sailing.asa lost their ISP because of Capt. JG snitching on them. Because they kept
calling him a queer..... I guess it's a hate crime these days. It's sad when you can't hate
those sick immoral freaks. Even God hates them.
People like Capt. JG and Katy have this trick they do. They send e-mails from multiple
computers using multiple names to complain directly to an ISP. Katy sent dozens of these
to databasics about one or more of their subscribers but they caught on because they
aren't a bunch of stupid newbies.
When some ISPs gets flooded with complaints some of them figure they must be legit.
Instead of spending lot's of their valuable time trying to find out if the complaints are
bogus it's easier for them to kick off a subscriber. Then Jonathan Ganz puts some lawsuit
threats in there and they really think a customer isn't worth the trouble. Some ISP's don't
even have a clue what Usenet is. Some snitch says your spamming a newsgroup and they
figure you broke their spam rule....
It'd be nice if all ISPs weren't so stupid but some of them definitely aren't too bright.
"So get one that is bright" people might say. That's all well and good if there's more than
one available but some places you got one and that's it.
Oh, I got called dumb and got put on a dumb list. I answered some post that my answer
went to some other newsgroup and they said it flooded it. Your doing the same thing sending
all the answers to your post just to soc.men. But I checked the headers and found out what
your doing so I changed it to reply to all the news groups it was sent to. Fool me once shame
on you. Fool me twice shame on me. :-)

Cheers,
Ellen