posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Be suspicious

"Ellen Macarthur" suddenly posts something that requires you to enter
some numbers to look at, hmmmm........
Didn't I hear something about people posting links with viruses in them
saying he links described the awful Euro weather? We all know Nellie
is a poseur and a troll so be careful.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote
"Ellen Macarthur" suddenly posts something that requires you to enter
some numbers to look at, hmmmm........
Didn't I hear something about people posting links with viruses in them
saying he links described the awful Euro weather? We all know Nellie
is a poseur and a troll so be careful.

Duh! Even ARIN whois uses that same code thingy. I don't know why but it's
something the web site does. It's not my idea. But, I'd never put something up
that I knew had virus or worms inside. It'd be dumb because you should always
scan for virus and worms before you ever open a file. And people are used to
Power Point files. They can't execute on their own. They just sit there doing
nothing until you open in with Office or the Power Point reader.
That "Storm" thing was an e-mail scam. Don't open any attachments to e-mails that
talk about the European storm. Duh, never open any attachments until you scan them
first. Then don't open exe bat com etc. that run on their own.
O'Hara you can trust me. I'm not out to do anything bad to people. I'm just
adding boat stuff to this group. I know that's shocking but somebody's got to
do it. :-)

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
ups.com...
"Ellen Macarthur" suddenly posts something that requires you to enter
some numbers to look at, hmmmm........
Didn't I hear something about people posting links with viruses in them
saying he links described the awful Euro weather? We all know Nellie
is a poseur and a troll so be careful.

My strong suggestion is to not do it... there are plenty of viruses out
there that hide inside zip and ppt files.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:58:43 -0800, "Capt. JG" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Ellen Macarthur" suddenly posts something that requires you to enter
some numbers to look at, hmmmm........
Didn't I hear something about people posting links with viruses in them
saying he links described the awful Euro weather? We all know Nellie
is a poseur and a troll so be careful.

My strong suggestion is to not do it... there are plenty of viruses out
there that hide inside zip and ppt files.

Yeah. Maybe someday someone will market a simple way to detect those nasty
things. They could call it "Anti Virus". I bet they could sell at least a
hundred copies...

Nellie Macarthur should go post in "alt.binaries.Bimbo.fake". If we
want to see pics if young women in bikinis we can go to "google image".
This is a sailing forum and he obviously knows nothing about sailing.
CWM