posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Can a Duh

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
. net...
"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in

message

reenews.ne
t...

"Ted Bell" wrote
Do you realize the pay in the Canadian military is

double that of the US
military?

It's Canadian money!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ted Bell wrote:

Do you realize the pay in the Canadian military is double that of the US
military?

Maybe so, but it's still pretty ****ty at the lower end.

Cheers
Marty
For a quality usenet news server, try DNEWS, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. For home servers or carrier class
installations with millions of users it will allow you to grow!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dnews.htm ----
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:

Canadians can not be trusted with guns,,,,, or beer cans.

What, your sailors never have a dust-up onboard? At least we haven't
shot or bombed any of your guys while in theatre.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message

What, your sailors never have a dust-up onboard? At least we haven't
shot or bombed any of your guys while in theatre.

You need guns or planes with bombs to do that.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message

What, your sailors never have a dust-up onboard? At least we haven't
shot or bombed any of your guys while in theatre.

You need guns or planes with bombs to do that.

We've got a couple of F-18s that you guys were throwing out, slapped a
bit of duct tape on 'em loaded the bombs with rancid moose turds. Oh,
and we have guns, now if we can just order the right ammo.....

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message

What, your sailors never have a dust-up onboard? At least we haven't
shot or bombed any of your guys while in theatre.

You need guns or planes with bombs to do that.

We've got a couple of F-18s that you guys were throwing out, slapped a
bit of duct tape on 'em loaded the bombs with rancid moose turds. Oh,
and we have guns, now if we can just order the right ammo.....

Cheers
Marty

Fun and jokes aside, I really respect a country that pays its military a
living wage. Many of our troops collect welfare. The defense contractors
grow rich and our poor guys in the trenches barely subside. They can't even
afford to buy the equipment the gov fails to supply. VA hospitals are a
joke. You'll die waiting to get into one. If the troop pay was raised I
would bet there would be less wars.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:

Fun and jokes aside, I really respect a country that pays its military a
living wage. Many of our troops collect welfare. The defense contractors
grow rich and our poor guys in the trenches barely subside. They can't even
afford to buy the equipment the gov fails to supply. VA hospitals are a
joke. You'll die waiting to get into one. If the troop pay was raised I
would bet there would be less wars.

There may be truth in that. It is only in the last few years that our
boys have started to get a decent wage. In the past we have had too many
cases of enlisted men and even lower NCO's having to visit the food bank
to make ends meet. Of course we were quite happy to pay a Colonel
$90,000 per annum while reimbursing a private with a wife and and a
couple of kids $14,000, doesn't make much sense when you look at who is
actually at the business end of conflict.

Cheers
Marty