Default Westsail 32 - opinions

Charlie Morgan wrote:
I'm interested in opinions on Westsail 32's in general. The one I'm considering
is factory finished with the dinette layout. It has been constantly maintained
and upgraded since new, so condition is not a big worry. This is not a bargin
priced derelict. Of course I'll have a survey done if things progress that far.

This one was made without teak decks, which to me, is a major plus. Low hours on
the Yanmar. I'm more interested in hearing about how the boat sails and what it
is like to spend long periods aboard. I already like the looks and the size,
although I've also considered some larger boats. The boat would be used
initially for frequent daysails (often single handed) long weekends, and cruises
of a week or two at most. In a few years, we'd be on the boat for six or more
months at a time. Once we transition to the longer term situation, we might even
consider leaving it somewhere nice like the Med, and flying to the boat. I've
long admired these boats, but I've never spent more than an afternoon on one.

CWM

Michael Ortin has a Westsail...want me to forward on your post since he
no longer reads asa?

Michael Ortin has a Westsail...want me to forward on your post since he
no longer reads asa?

Thanks. I'd appreciate it.

CWM

I sent the post on to him..when he replies I'll post it.

Westsail 32 - opinions Maxprop Cruising 26 December 5th 06 01:11 PM
Westsail 32 - opinions katy Cruising 1 December 4th 06 12:10 AM
Westsail 32 - opinions Capt. Rob Cruising 0 December 3rd 06 09:22 PM
Westsail 32 - opinions Capt. Rob ASA 0 December 3rd 06 09:22 PM
Westsail 32s R.W. Behan General 11 August 30th 03 05:07 PM