posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Macisms

I was thinking the same thing... almost as good as Neal's.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
You know , Gilly, the Mac 26XM may just be the right boat
for you.

Scotty

"Gilligan" wrote in
message . ..
I think it is brilliant. The MacBoat design gets rid of

the worst parts of
sailing and saves the best parts.

The MacBoat can evade danger, run inlets anytime and has a

great
Euro-design.

When I trade up from my Bayliner Bucaneer, I'm going for a

MacBoat.

The MacBoat is one of the design designs, both in utility

and form, ever!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
Is this the mantra of Mac, or just that goofball Jim?

''For example, I motored back to the marina at around 13
knots, despite
rather choppy water conditions, which gave me more time out
on the Bay
for sailing.''

HOLY CRAP !!!! Motor so you can sail more! ?? WTF is
that all about?

Scotty

Sotty, the problem with your theory is that you simply don't don't know
what you are talking about. - The boats in our various marinas (third
largest number of pleasure boats in the US) have to motor out through
several channels, including a marked channel that leads out to the
navigable areas of the Bay where most of us prefer to sail. Motoring out
at fairly high speeds gets us to the navigable, preferred sailing area
more quickly. Similarly, when coming back at the end of the day,
particularly during this time of year, the sun begins to set rather
early. Assuming we are coming back against the wind, which is often the
case, motoring back from far out in the Bay again gives me more time to
sail in the open, preferred sailing area, since the time getting back is
reduced. And, if my crew or guests are tired and want to get back ASAP,
or if I have to get back for various reasons, the ability to motor back
at 13-plus knots again permits more time to sail in the preferred
sailing area by reducing what is essentially transit time. (Of course, I
could sail back the entire way, including sailing back through all the
channels, if I had plenty of time and didn't mind dodging the traffic,
etc., getting back. - But I prefer to spend more time sailing in the
open, navigable portions of the Bay.)

Got it, Sotty? (But hey! Instead of admitting you were wrong, maybe, as
usual, you can come up with another stupid, specious argument that you
could use as another "gotcha" attempt to get some attaboy points from
your buddies.)

Jim
posted to alt.sailing.asa

But Jim, all you've been talking about is the Mac's motoring capabilities. I
don't think I've seen a picture of you sailing your fine vessel, nor have I
seen much if anything about sailing her. Seems to me Scotty is dead on
accurate.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"JimC" wrote in message

Scotty wrote:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:

But Jim, all you've been talking about is the Mac's motoring capabilities. I
don't think I've seen a picture of you sailing your fine vessel, nor have I
seen much if anything about sailing her. Seems to me Scotty is dead on
accurate.

Actually, I have discussed sailing the Mac a number of times. But the
particular note from Scotty that I was responding to:

"If it's ''rather breezy weather'' THEN SAIL THE ****ING BOAT
YOU MORON !!!!!!!!!!"

related to my comments about the advantages under some conditions of
motoring back at high speeds (after a day's sail). Naturally, my
response related to the subject that seemed of interest to Scotty.

- As to pictures of me sailing the Mac, I haven't figured out how to
manage that, JG. Our sailing area in Galveston Bay is over a nm beyond
the inlet. (We have shallow and irregular bottoms closer to shore.) I'll
find someone someday who could take pictures someday. There are some
possibilities closer in, but they are shallow, and I don't want to risk
damaging my daggerboard. Meanwhile, my wife has adamently refused to
take pictures of the boat while sitting on a raft as I sail by. - Any
suggestions? But tell me, Capt., why would you want to see pictures of
a crappy boat like the Mac anyway?

Jim
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"JimC" wrote
why would you want to see pictures of a crappy boat like the Mac anyway?

Amen

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in
message
reenews.ne
t...

"JimC" wrote
why would you want to see pictures of a crappy boat like

the Mac anyway?

for laughs & giggles?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I do it all the time. Camera in one, the other hand on the wheel.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"JimC" wrote in message
news

Capt. JG wrote:

[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote
I do it all the time. dick in one, the other hand on the wheel.

It figures......

Cheers,
Ellen roflao

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"JimC" wrote
| Sotty, the problem with your theory is that you simply don't don't know
| what you are talking about. - The boats in our various marinas (third
| largest number of pleasure boats in the US) have to motor out through
| several channels, including a marked channel that leads out to the
| navigable areas of the Bay where most of us prefer to sail. Motoring out
| at fairly high speeds gets us to the navigable, preferred sailing area
| more quickly. Similarly, when coming back at the end of the day,
| particularly during this time of year, the sun begins to set rather
| early. Assuming we are coming back against the wind, which is often the
| case, motoring back from far out in the Bay again gives me more time to
| sail in the open, preferred sailing area, since the time getting back is
| reduced. And, if my crew or guests are tired and want to get back ASAP,
| or if I have to get back for various reasons, the ability to motor back
| at 13-plus knots again permits more time to sail in the preferred
| sailing area by reducing what is essentially transit time. (Of course, I
| could sail back the entire way, including sailing back through all the
| channels, if I had plenty of time and didn't mind dodging the traffic,
| etc., getting back. - But I prefer to spend more time sailing in the
| open, navigable portions of the Bay.)

Oh gag me with a spoon! Never mind the spoon. Just hearing you talk makes
we wanna gag. You must be Otn's son. Your every bit as stubborn and pig-headed.
And your stupid. You describe your situation and it's not a place for sailboats.
It's suited to motor boats. So get a motor boat. Don't get a pretend sailboat with a big
motor and expect sailors to welcome you with open arms. You made yourself a misfit!
I used to live way out in the country. It had dirt roads that got muddy with big
potholes and washboard when it rained. Nobody drove sports cars. They'd get stuck.
Everybody had jeeps or trucks with 4-wd. If some city slicker with a college
degree and a slip and fall law office tried to tell us their sports car was the way to
go and how happy they were with it we'd laugh in their face.
THAT's why people here are laughing in your face. You get no respect here. You
get less respect on the water. Duh! Get a clue. Do you work for the ACLU? If
not go. You'd be happy in their company. You won't get any respect there either.....

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gee Ellen (or whoever you are), I'm sorry that my notes are disturbing
to you.- Sounds like it's getting to be a serious problem. - So, maybe
you should get the hell out of these Mac discussions. (No? Then don't
complain about your stomach problems.)

Jim

"JimC" wrote