posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 70 Year Old Whale Oil

Pluto is getting warmer too.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...g_021009.htmlk

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote

"Gilligan" wrote:
Scientist have tested 70 year old whale oil from the Charles W. Morgan of
Mystic, CT.
They found PCB's and similar chemicals.
Once again, man is not the culprit!

They found substances "similar" to PCB's and others. The
concentrations present were extremely low, and could have even come
from the lab that did the testing.

It really doesn't mean much by itself. Even synthesized compounds come
from ingredients found in nature. Where else would you get them?

CWM

It is interesting, that he blame the Corporate American crowd
has less to stand on, but it doesn't mean Monstanto should go
back to producting PCB's. If man wants to live in harmony
with nature, it would be wise not to foul our own nest.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Walt wrote:
katy wrote:

Gilligan wrote:

crap snipped

Was that the Art Bell Science journal?

I think it's from one of Gilly's comic books. Do you know he has X-Ray
glasses that really work? And a whole colony of sea monkeys?

//Walt

I knew about the sea monkeys...tried frying some but it didn't work out
too well...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:24:24 -0700, "Gilligan"
wrote:

From the latest issue of Science News:

Scientist have tested 70 year old whale oil from the Charles W. Morgan of
Mystic, CT.

They found PCB's and similar chemicals.

What is striking is that they concluded these chemicals are naturally
occuring since man did not yet begin producing them 70 years ago.

Once again, man is not the culprit!

They found substances "similar" to PCB's and others. The
concentrations present were extremely low, and could have even come
from the lab that did the testing.

It really doesn't mean much by itself. Even synthesized compounds come
from ingredients found in nature. Where else would you get them?

CWM

The Matrix....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 13:17:56 -0500, "Bart" .@. wrote:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote

"Gilligan" wrote:

Scientist have tested 70 year old whale oil from the Charles W. Morgan of
Mystic, CT.
They found PCB's and similar chemicals.
Once again, man is not the culprit!

They found substances "similar" to PCB's and others. The
concentrations present were extremely low, and could have even come
from the lab that did the testing.

It really doesn't mean much by itself. Even synthesized compounds come
from ingredients found in nature. Where else would you get them?

CWM

It is interesting, that he blame the Corporate American crowd
has less to stand on, but it doesn't mean Monstanto should go
back to producting PCB's. If man wants to live in harmony
with nature, it would be wise not to foul our own nest.

Holy Crap! Bart and I have found common ground! There may be hope for the world
yet.

CWM

Either that, or it's the end for real....

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Gilligan" wrote:

[...]

Not many typos lately, Katy. What gives?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Gilligan" wrote:

[...]

She cut armholes in her Burka.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Gilligan" wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Gilligan" wrote:

[...]

There's hell to be paid for that comment. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:
"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Gilligan" wrote:

[...]

Now if I could just get rid of the danged veil....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:
"Gilligan" wrote in message
. ..

[...]