Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Best Wishes to ALL OF ASA-Signing off

Now it's time to say goodbye.....too all our family.....

Well....for no particular reason I think it's time to leave this
"family" of ours. My life is changing so fast and everyday Thomas is a
more wonderful kid....I don't want to miss anything while posting to
ASA.
I'll now ONLY be posting occasional video/pics here and won't engage in
any dialogue within the forum. But even this will be pretty rare as I
won't be posting trolls.
So...here are my goodbyes in no particular order. If I forget
anyone...sorry about that!

Ozzy:
Dude, you were a load of fun and always had the right internet smirk.
Keep healthy and stay sailing for as long as possible.

Old Thom:
Thom, I know it sucks to get on in years but it's everyone's fate. You
sailed to the very end of your abilities and I have told friends and
family about you. I think you're the real deal. So there!

Scotty:
Ah....probably my biggest foe and detractor here on ASA. Scotty may not
be rich, or smart or own a good boat or enjoy sex with women,
BUT...he's damn funny and that gives him more valuable assets than 98%
of the people around.

Sloco:
I think few people on ASA want to drive a stake through my heart more
than Sloco. I have no idea why he's so bitter, but I do hope he enjoys
his boat. The Express 30 is one of the BEST racer/cruisers around
PERIOD. They may not be common, but most people who know sailing know
and respect the Express boats quite a bit.

Mooron:
Well, he seems to be gone from here after Gayanzy tattled on him. So
sad that Gayanzy wants to play but has a list of rules that everyone
but him must follow. Oh well. Mooron, you're a nice fellow and I
totally dig the Nordica 30. The one example I did see had an original
interior and it was fine!

Jeff:
Now I happen to know that Jeff knows that I know that he actually likes
me. That's nice because I like Jeff a lot too. I have absolutely no
doubt that Jeff knew I was generally trolling with every post, but he's
a sportsman and played the debate game anyway. Guess what, Jeff? I did
sail a PDQ 36, not far from Great Gull Island in fact. We LOVED it, but
docking issues make it less than practical for the sailing we do now.
Take care of yourself and keep sailing...and be proud of the PDQ!

Maxprop:
Well, I have to admit that I always liked Maxi. So I always had to work
up some steam to attack him for anything. He's sharp and funny and his
boat is damn perty! Have fun out there and be safe.

Katy:
I think Katy always thought that Bobsprit was "me" or that some part of
that persona had to be real. Katy, you always seemed like someone so
mired in practicality that you couldn't see the forest for the trees.
Religious folks are often like that...as are republicans. Be well.

Bart:
Now Bart is an interesting fellow and we spoke a few times on the
phone. I don't think he was ever very good at separating ASA from the
actual people, but that happens to all of us at times. Bart, good luck
with that boat...maybe I'll see you out there next Spring.

Neal:
Are you there? Are you Ellen/Crantz/Gilligan? I never really knew or
tried to figure it out, but you were the BEST here and I missed it all
when you left. Some say you left the sea and your boat. If so I hope
you're happy and healthy.

Doug:
The King of Keels. Well..I won't lie. I DO AGREE with several folks
here that Doug talks a bigger game than he plays. He speaks as though
he's sailed his Alberg 35 around the world...but he owned an H19 and
now is a powerboater. Still, there's no disputing that Doug likes
sailing. He also knows Bush is a criminal which probably means that I'd
like Doug a lot if I met him off ASA.

Joe:
Hey, man....your boat is awesome. I do hope you split from here (and
there) and take to the sea. Do it safely. Don't overvalue what you know
because life will always extract a toll from those who do. I bet you'll
do great.

Charlie:
Well....you certainly had a lot of fun here! I appreciate the off-forum
info and expect you'll find less target practice when I leave here.
Good luck.

Martin:
What kind of boat do you have again? Ah, never mind. Keep on sailing!

Flying Tadpole
You know that you're about the only person here who never really ****ed
anyone off? I think I deserved more scenes than I got in your Opera,
but I've come to accept it.

Dave:
Well....I think we'll meet soon because we have two friends in common.
You won't like it when you learn how much they adore me, but then again
I'm quite the actor. See you soon!

Now of course there were others...Frank, Thunder, Seahag and more,
folks who moved on after a few squabbles. It was all generally a good
time and I learned a lot about sailing, even when I trolled about
something I thought I understood well. In an odd way ASA DID deliver
it's promise of sailing knowledge so long as you weathered it long
enough.
So take care of yourselves and be well.

Robert Brody...signing and sailing off of ASA.

Robert B.