posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default OT You know society is too litagious when....

The kids can't even play tag!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...8KR36U00.shtml

Sheesh .... What's next, banning bicycles?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Martin Baxter wrote:
The kids can't even play tag!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...8KR36U00.shtml

Sheesh .... What's next, banning bicycles?

Cheers
Marty

Nothing new there...the elementary school that I attended in the 50's
and 50's couldn't pay their liability insurance for 3 years
straight...couldn't use the playground, play any running or ball games.
We were allowed to play jumprope guess no one thought of the
straggling factor...kids didn't normally kill other kids back then...)
They took the teeters off the totter, unhooked the swings and chained
off the slide. They chained the merry-go-round so it was
stationary...was a bummer...recess was boting as heck...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Martin Baxter wrote:
The kids can't even play tag!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...trange/mainD8K
R36U00.shtml

Sheesh .... What's next, banning bicycles?

Cheers
Marty

Nothing new there...the elementary school that I attended

in the 50's
and 50's couldn't pay their liability insurance for 3

years
straight...couldn't use the playground, play any running

or ball games.
We were allowed to play jumprope guess no one thought

of the
straggling factor...kids didn't normally kill other kids

back then...)
They took the teeters off the totter, unhooked the swings

and chained
off the slide. They chained the merry-go-round so it was
stationary...was a bummer...recess was boting as heck...

That is so sad. We played Dodge Ball, Kick Ball, Tag,
Touch Football, general ''kid stuff'. Many kids would go
home with scars, skinned knees, fat lips, black eyes, etc.,
no lawsuits back then.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:45:50 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

"katy" wrote in message
Martin Baxter wrote:
[...]

It is sad. We did all of that, and games like" shoes in a pile". PE
Coach would take everyone's shoes, put them in a pile in the middle of
the gym and stir them up. Big circle around the pile, then when the
whistle is blown everyone jumps into the pile to get their shoes.
first out wins, last out loses, everyone else just survives. Spect
they don't do that anymore.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

It is sad. We did all of that, and games like" shoes in a pile". PE
Coach would take everyone's shoes, put them in a pile in the middle of
the gym and stir them up. Big circle around the pile, then when the
whistle is blown everyone jumps into the pile to get their shoes.
first out wins, last out loses, everyone else just survives. Spect
they don't do that anymore.

I'd almost forgotten, but we used to do that, too. Seems I always ended up
with a better pair of shoes than I started with.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Same here...
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"katy" wrote in message
Martin Baxter wrote:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"katy" wrote in message
Martin Baxter wrote:
[...]

We played buck-buck using a telephone pole as the anchor; a great way to
keep the neck and spine aligned, with what, I don't know.
We wrestled, boxed, and kicked each other in the ass for fun.
We didn't have any playground equipment at all - lack of cash, Catholic
school. No gym until high school, no lockers, no showers, just run around
outside with a tie on, then come back in all sweaty and watch the girls fan
their thighs with their uniform skirts. I wouldn't trade the memories for
anything!
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Played buck-buck and 'capture the flag' in Scouts. Night
time capture the flag was the best!

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

katy wrote:

Martin Baxter wrote:
The kids can't even play tag!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...8KR36U00.shtml

Sheesh .... What's next, banning bicycles?

Cheers
Marty

Nothing new there...the elementary school that I attended in the 50's
and 50's couldn't pay their liability insurance for 3 years
straight...couldn't use the playground, play any running or ball games.
We were allowed to play jumprope guess no one thought of the
straggling factor...kids didn't normally kill other kids back then...)
They took the teeters off the totter, unhooked the swings and chained
off the slide. They chained the merry-go-round so it was
stationary...was a bummer...recess was boting as heck...

Doesn't do any good anyway. Kids will find ways to get hurt. I got a
spiral fracture of the tibia in grade 3, in the sand pit. Course it
took two other kids swinging me by the feet and hands to see how far
they could toss me. ;-o Guess my mom should have sued and I'd be
rich(er) now. (gr)

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
katy wrote:

Martin Baxter wrote:
[...]

Is tree climbing illegal yet? I know tree *hugging* is
''in'' with the libs.

Scotty

Nautical Archaeology Society Annual Conference CJB Tall Ships 0 October 17th 06 04:40 PM
Wisdom and Truth Bluto ASA 11 March 31st 06 07:19 PM
Bill Moyers on environment, politics and Christian fundamentalists [email protected] General 1852 April 5th 05 11:17 PM
Telescopes - a sign of a sick society Capt. Neal® ASA 5 February 3rd 05 07:19 PM