Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default WIND

Talking about wind speed with a fellow sailor last week and
why one needs an anemometer . His comment, ''there's two
wind speeds, (1) not enough, and (2). too much''. If it's
windy, you'll feel it.

On Tuesday I hit a lull, no wind for about two hours.
However, I didn't motor back to a slip like some glorified
daysailor. I drifted for a while, had lunch, read, fished,
eventually, as usual, the wind picked up and I sailed on.
..

On Saturday, with 15-20 kts, on a broad reach I was doing
6 - 6.6 kts, 7.5 kts surfing down the waves, however my VMG
was only 4.2, according to GPS. So, I changed my destination
and suddenly my VMG was 6.3 kts. Whoo hoo!!!

Scotty