posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ellen MacArthur Ellen MacArthur is offline

Default WIND

"cruisin" wrote
| Ours was dead for awhile, almost left it that way. Barb calls it the
| "scare-o-meter". Best not to know what it's blowing sometimes... ;0)

When the wind goes "wuuoouuooo" past the mast and rigging it's time to reef.
When the wind goes "weeuueeuuu" it's time to anchor. When the wind goes
"rrrrrrroarrrrrroarrrrrrrrroarrrrroarrrrrrr" it's time to say your prayers.....
If you have ears you know when it's blowing. You don't need an instrument to do
it for you. I think somebody should make a beaufort wind scale for sound. It'd be
just as good as sea state and better for sheltered water.

Cheers,
Ellen