Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Another Nice Sail

Perfect air today...blowing from 8 knots all the way to 17 max in the
space of just a few hours. We sailed under main just enjoyed the cool
air.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v2D4NnHrCU4

While poor Sloco, Doug and Jeff made feeble attempts to sound important
we were out there yet again enjoying a great little daysail. Later on
we popped the 110 and got the boat wet. We came back early and set up
the new main while we still had good light. I managed to leave one of
the full battens at home, but that's fine....The genoa will be here in
a few days and I'd rather fly the whole set for the first sail. A few
folks at the club came over and went gaga over the dark sail. It's
quite exotic. My buddy with the Tartan 37 remarked, "Is this Darth
Vader's boat?" Didn't someone once come up to Jeff and ask if his boat
belonged to Jabba the Hut???
Sloco is going to be mighty upset when he see the hoist on this
sail...actually higher than my current main or ANY of the other 35s5's
I posted. I'm sure he'll claim my boom is higher or whatever. In any
case it's a perfect fit and I can't wait for the genoa to get here. I
set up a lighter main halyard and have a lighter jib sheet ready as
well. I checked out our new sheets for the chute and set up the Lewmar
Series 60 blocks for them. This should be a fun week and weekend coming
up!

G'night kids....Suzanne is looking fantastic in red lace.

RB
35s5
NY

Cedar strip sail/row boat [email protected] Boat Building 9 December 15th 05 05:09 PM
Nice Inflatable Sail Boat. Great IDEA! BoatsToGo ASA 0 December 15th 04 08:00 PM
Fall Sail on the Chesapeake Bay Scott Vernon ASA 169 October 25th 04 12:14 AM
Nice Day for a Sail Bobsprit ASA 2 October 2nd 04 10:55 PM
Removing Adhesive from Sail Numbers on sail George and Vicki Hamilton General 4 December 22nd 03 02:43 AM