posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Annapolis show

Anyone here attend the show? What did you see that you liked? Buy
anything?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Ringmaster wrote:

Anyone here attend the show? What did you see that you liked? Buy
anything?

Went there to pick up some friends who attended (just in
front of Fawcett's), went to dinner with them. It was
pouring rain.

They bought a NextGen and a windlass, plus some foul weather
gear I bet They said the show seemed to be pretty well
attended.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ringmaster" wrote:
Anyone here attend the show? What did you see that you
liked? Buy
anything?

We went Sunday, nice weather. Bought a new Force 10 stove.
There wasn't much wrong with the old one (17 good years) but
the new ones have different parts so the old bits will get
increasingly hard to find. Mr.H sez he doesn't want to
worry about stuff like that when he retires!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Well, it looks like not too many people here attended. I went on
Monday which turned out to be a beautiful day. Probably the busiest
Monday I have ever seen.
I was able to check out the new Flying Tiger 10M, Beneteau 10M, Esse
8.5 and the X-Yachts 35OD. I applaud the FT guys for bringing in a 32'
race boat that costs less than a house used to. Looks like it will be
a fun boat to sail but I don't know about some of the details like the
"bombay" doors that open for the outboard. Somebody at Beneteau should
be strapped to that head and taken out in any kind of seaway. The X-35
is one cool boat. The Esse 8.5 was very cool looking but what's with
no deck cleats? I asked a salesman how one is supposed to tie it up
and his reply was that everybody will be trailering it. Everybody?
Funny, some other 30-33 foot boats also had no cleats or one tine cleat
on the bow for tieing up. I guess you use clothesline.
I limited my $ spending at the "event over run" T-shirt booth and I
bought 4 sets of SplicingNuts to try them out.
This years show had to set some kind of record for the number of
manufactures requiring no shoes for boarding their boats. I guess they
all want to pretend they are a mega yacht seller.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
ps.com...
Anyone here attend the show?

Was there Saturday.

What did you see that you liked?

Was not impressed with the big Bendy/Hunters....they waste a
lot of useable space. The big cats are FUGLY! The Swans
were very nice, but for $1m , I would buy something else.

Buy
anything?

2 hot dogs. Stopped by the Sailrite booth and talked to
the guy about a part I needed, he grabbed one from his
drawer and gave it to me, free.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The big cats are FUGLY!?

Maybe so but they are fun to charted. I checked out the new Lagoon 440
with the fly bridge and huge cabin windows. I could spend 2 weeks on
her.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
oups.com..
..

This years show had to set some kind of record for the

number of
manufactures requiring no shoes for boarding their boats.

I guess they
all want to pretend they are a mega yacht seller.

Which was a PITA with the wet weather. At the Tartans, some
would leave their shoes on, which made the decks wet, which
meant, those that removed theirs got wet socks. I kept mine
on. The Swans had little booties to wear.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

. ..

.

This years show had to set some kind of record for the

number of
manufactures requiring no shoes for boarding their boats.

I guess they
all want to pretend they are a mega yacht seller.

Which was a PITA with the wet weather. At the Tartans, some
would leave their shoes on, which made the decks wet, which
meant, those that removed theirs got wet socks. I kept mine
on. The Swans had little booties to wear.

Back in the early 90s, I was about to board a larger Beneteau with my Sperry
Topsiders, when the salesman looked at me, sneered, and said, "You're not
going to board this boat with those shoes on." It was more the way he said
it than the actual statement. I responded, "Nope," and walked away. He
didn't seem to care, and his attitude was reflected by similar comments from
other sailboat dealers. Later that day we boarded a number of powerboats,
welcomed aboard with our *shoes on.* We ended up buying a new Sea Ray 330
Express Cruiser.

I've always been amused that I'm allowed to board a $2.5millon Hatteras
sportfisherman with my Topsiders on, but have to take them off to board a
29' Hunter.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net..
..

[...]

I watched to see if some kept their shoes on or not, the
salesman would give them a dirty look and then look down at
their shoes, but didn't say anything. I could understand on
the Swan, as it was somebody's personal boat. I realized
that, after looking in the medicine cabinet, which was well
stocked.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

This years show had to set some kind of record for the
number of
manufactures requiring no shoes for boarding their boats.

Generally I don't mind, but in the pouring rain? No thanks.

Besides, a lot of the boats being shown are already
privately owned, so the 'take your shoes off' routine is a
gesture toward the owner.

Scotty wrote:
... The Swans had little booties to wear.

Why didn't you keep 'em?

DSK

Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, Anyone? Jim Woodward Boat Building 0 October 25th 03 12:35 PM
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, Anyone? Jim Woodward Electronics 0 October 25th 03 12:35 PM
Boat Show Season Capt Lou General 1 September 16th 03 02:14 AM
Sailboat Show Docks in Annapolis SAIL LOCO ASA 2 July 21st 03 03:24 AM