posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Annapolis show

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
oups.com..
.

This years show had to set some kind of record for the

number of
manufactures requiring no shoes for boarding their boats.

I guess they
all want to pretend they are a mega yacht seller.

Which was a PITA with the wet weather. At the Tartans, some
would leave their shoes on, which made the decks wet, which
meant, those that removed theirs got wet socks. I kept mine
on. The Swans had little booties to wear.

Back in the early 90s, I was about to board a larger Beneteau with my Sperry
Topsiders, when the salesman looked at me, sneered, and said, "You're not
going to board this boat with those shoes on." It was more the way he said
it than the actual statement. I responded, "Nope," and walked away. He
didn't seem to care, and his attitude was reflected by similar comments from
other sailboat dealers. Later that day we boarded a number of powerboats,
welcomed aboard with our *shoes on.* We ended up buying a new Sea Ray 330
Express Cruiser.

I've always been amused that I'm allowed to board a $2.5millon Hatteras
sportfisherman with my Topsiders on, but have to take them off to board a
29' Hunter.

Max