posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sloco & Doug: Dumb and Dumberer

So let's count the idiotic remarks from Sloco...and the somewhat quiet
support he's getting from Doug......as usual I back my statements with
pictures, lofts and actual measurement of the main. I don't have the
genny yet...so we'll wait for Sloco's jealous green dragon rant on that
next week!

And so....
Sloco states that the hoist is short on the Kevlar main for the 35s5.
His reason for this is that it's beneath the black stripe on the rig.
But who put that stripe there? Beneteau? Sloco's mommy? Is it right,
wrong or just the mark for a sail that died long ago with minimal
roach?

Here's a closer look at the 35s5 masthead. No stripe, folks!

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/mast1.jpg

No sign of a stripe ever having been there. The reason? Not all 35s5's
were ordered with sails and max hoist is listed in the data sheet.
Oh...and where's that second stripe you claimed was a mast extrusion,
Sloco? Hmmmm? Busted to 20th power! Anyway, my boat was shipped with
stock sails and I still have NO STRIPE.
Is the hoist really short? Hmmm. We get a P of 42.65 on the sail, which
is exactly right. So what about that black band on the other boat? Who
put it there? Sloco seems to trust the guy who taped it on like they
just had sex, but not lofts like UK or Doyle. He also doesn't trust his
eyes since I posted pics showing 35s5's with the same hoist....here
they are AGAIN!

http://home.att.net/~captnerdo/images/Footloos.gif
http://newimages.yachtworld.com/1/6/...?1160803964000
http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/35s5spin.jpg

Pic #2 shows the highest hoist and perhaps no roach at all. BTW, take a
look at Pic #3. Sloco somehow can't see the two stripes and claims one
is an extrusion that's absent from the 35s5 masthead shot. Uh oh! They
all seem to have a hoist that looks a bit short, but it's actually
correct and this is how they look on every 35s5 I've seen.

Now, if the loft is wrong, and the guy who ordered the sail is wrong
and Beneteau is wrong....uh, never mind! Let's move on to an even more
hilarious comment from Sloco and Doug.
These clowns suggest that I should have a roachy sail with max hoist
and let it foul the backstay!!!! Now, I'll admit I've seen this, but no
one I know looks for it when ordering a sail. In light air it can foul.
In fact it can even foul when raising the main! It wears the sail as
well. No one that I know has a sail overlapping the backstay.
But more importantly, Doug and Sloco can only flush their jealousy by
attacking the sail on very absolute terms. Could it have a higher
hoist? I think it can go up another few inched and still miss the
backstay. The loft says it's correct as is. The main and genny were not
made for all-out racing. The genny is cut higher and flat. It does not
sweep the deck as planned for the below deck furler. The main is also
flatter than a typical 35s5 cut. They were made to be fast and a bit
easier to handle for a short handed crew. Since I'm sailing with my
wife and a toddler, this will be a great combo. Nobody but a racing nut
is going to care about the exact hoist. The sail will work well, tack
smoothly and look great. Same for the genny. It's what we need for our
casual sailing, even if the exotic build and materials offend Sloco!
Okay...it's much more than we need I suppose. And all for thousands
less than Sloco would pay. Doug has no need for sails of course.

Good night....I'm off to a gallery party in Manhattan. Enjoy your TV
dinners.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

No answer from Sloco or Doug on this one of course!

Poor jealous sailors!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

No answer from Sloco or Doug on this one of course!

Hey Dufas, everybody doesn't spend their every waking moment on the
internet.
As far as your swim platform not having a black band to indicate full
hoist that's either the builder's fault or the spar makers fault. And
if those two fell asleep that the incompetents who commissioned the
boat didn't do their job.
As far as the other photos go they are too fuzzy to indicate
anything.
As far as your great new main being designed short because of some
huge roach well that's just plain bunk. The spar designer builds the
stick with enough room over the designed full hoist (read black band)
to allow for a max roach sail to pass thru the backstay. That much is
proven by your own photos and can be seen on any boat. Your deal sail
is worth exactly what you paid for it. 50% off. The original
purchaser probably turned it down.
35s5 sails better with a reef.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey Dufas, everybody doesn't spend their every waking moment on the
internet.

No? I was out sailing today and you weren't. Video to be posted
shortly!

As far as your swim platform not having a black band to indicate
full
hoist that's either the builder's fault or the spar makers fault.

Which has nothing to do with your assumption that the photos of the
main's hoist shows a black band where it belongs.

As far as the other photos go they are too fuzzy to indicate

anything.

And yet you clearly posted that the TWO black stripes were actually one
strope and some sort of extrusion...until I posted a pic of my masthead
and shot THAT silly comment down!

As far as your great new main being designed short because of some
huge roach well that's just plain bunk.

And yet it's clear to others here. And it was clear to the folks at
Doyle who'd have been far better served to agree with you. They don't.

The spar designer builds the
stick with enough room over the designed full hoist (read black band)
to allow for a max roach sail to pass thru the backstay.

Utter nonsense. Many sailmakers have added more roach that was planned
for in the orginal designs.

That much is
proven by your own photos and can be seen on any boat.

Which photos??? The one with a black stripe in a clearly different spot
than other pics I posted....or my boat with no stripe?

Your deal sail
is worth exactly what you paid for it. 50% off.

Do you really think I paid 1200.00 and got only half off on a Kevlar
main and Pentax Mylar genoa along with new lazy jacks? Do you even know
what these sails cost new? The main is in near 10 condition. I've yet
to see the jib, but was rated at a 8-9.

The original
purchaser probably turned it down.

Orginal purchaser bought them late 2004. He was kinda happy with them
as you can see here....

http://www.somersetsails.com/sails/m...eteau_35s5.htm

He was unable to use the boat much in 2005 and is selling her now for a
smaller boat. He didn't want to give the premium sails away in the sale
and traded them in for future work.

Dude, give it up. You've been blasted on EVERY point. What's worse we
hoisted the sail today to test the fit and swap halyards and I have
much worse news for you! But that thread and pic will be saved for a
bit so I can really make you squirm! When I post the pic of the hoisted
sail you'll have to eat every word and eat 'em dry!

RB
35s5
NY