posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Mainsail hoist

Hey Boob**** do some reading.

http://rorcrating.com/ir2000/irc/checkit.htm

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ringmaster wrote:
Hey Boob**** do some reading.

http://rorcrating.com/ir2000/irc/checkit.htm

Beneteau 35s5's had no band out of the factory, sloco. Stand by for
pic.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

So what? Somebody installed it. So what are you saying?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ringmaster wrote:
So what? Somebody installed it. So what are you saying?

Sloco. Sit down. Drink a beer. Think. Someone installed it for WHICH
SAIL? Was it max hoist? Or max hoist for THAT sail? Max hoist, ignoring
one design demands, is a grey area. People play with those numbers all
the time. My sail is max hoist for the roach level while NOT chafing
the backstay. I'm not racing, so why would I want what you want?
You've made no sense at all...unless I bought the sails for racing
which you know I did not. You've done nothing here but sound terribly
terribly jealous.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Someone installed it for WHICH
SAIL? Was it max hoist? Or max hoist for THAT sail? Max hoist, ignoring

one design demands, is a grey area. People play with those numbers all
the time.

LOL............... Where do you come up with this stuff? Grey area?
Hey dimwit Beneteau says the P dimension for that swim platform is
42.65 unless you have the tall rig which in that case it's 45.27. Grey
area????????? In either case that's where the black band goes and
that's full hoist. You don't have a sail made, hoist it, and then
attach a black band to the hoist of THAT sail. Maybe in the Matrix you
have a sail made by some knucklehead and the black band goes wherever
the knucklehead's sail stops. This is a riot.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You don't have a sail made, hoist it, and then
attach a black band to the hoist of THAT sail. Maybe in the Matrix you

have a sail made by some knucklehead and the black band goes wherever
the knucklehead's sail stops. This is a riot.

Yes, this is why so many discussions can be found on making sails with
different hoists and more roach or just shorter hoists period.
I already posted the pic of my masthead. NO BLACK BAND. I already
posted 4 PICS of boats with the SAME HOIST. The black band on the 35s5
pics are all in different spots, but everyone can see it but you.
You're so ignorant of anything but racing it's hilarious. The max hoist
stripe on my C&C 32 was higher than normal because the previous owner
had Halsey make a custom main...and it worked great.
So according to you this Kevlar main won't work well. The owner of
Doyle, who lost a 4500 dollar job because I bought these sails seems to
think I got a steal of a deal. Let's see who's right when these sails
go on!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Well, there seem to be a couple of people interested in the fact that
you
have bought a near-black kevlar mainsail for daysailing

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. I bought a hi tech sail for
something that is well beneath it's useful envelope. I only canceled my
Doyle dacron sails because this looked to be a lot of fun for way less
money, even if the sails last 2-3 seasons. I don't race, so the sails
will be fine even if they are overkill to the tenth power.
But only one person is upset and that's Sloco. And he thinks I got
these sails for 50% off. He doesn't even know what a new Kevlar
AKS-Contender sail costs new.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

But only one person is upset and that's Sloco.

Dude, Upset? I don't think so. I've bartered for most of my new sails
over the years so my normal price for a new sail winds up being 50%
off. Oh, and by the way they always fit the boat meaning they hoist to
the black bands.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ringmaster" wrote
| Dude, Upset? I don't think so. I've bartered for most of my new sails
| over the years so my normal price for a new sail winds up being 50%
| off. Oh, and by the way they always fit the boat meaning they hoist to
| the black bands.

I always thought those black lines on a mast had to do with racing rules.
On a hospitality boat like Capt. Rob's Beneteau it doesn't really matter if the
sail fits exactly between them, does it?

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On a hospitality boat like Capt. Rob's Beneteau it doesn't really
matter if the
sail fits exactly between them, does it?

Of course it wouldn't. Sloco is the only person here carrying on about
racing spec and perfect hoist even though this sail has great Sq. ft.
than a stock sail. Even that doesn't matter. These are slick, high tech
expensive sails that Sloco doesn't own and he ****ed. He's so ****ed
that he just told you get already gets 50% off on his sails. But in
earlier e-mails he said I was only getting 50% off. Wow....he's really
jealous and showing it. I paid a lot less than 50% off of course.
Sloco has been in a tizzy ever since I bought a faster bigger nicer
boat. The sad part is that it really doesn't matter to me....only to
him. And that's been worth a lot of laughs lately.
Oh, and wait until I post pics of the actual hoist. He'll shoot a Moose
out his ass!

RB
35s5
NY

seeking a boat hoist rope crank for kayak MrC General 9 February 27th 06 04:46 PM
Boat Hoist Recommendations Please... trainfan1 General 0 January 31st 06 03:48 AM
boat hoist winch Dana Farrell General 3 September 12th 05 01:45 PM
PWC hoist needed for mid-west Ed & Bonnie Kimble General 0 April 18th 05 07:35 PM
Full batten mainsail set unreadable. Simple Simon ASA 3 November 25th 03 11:24 AM