posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default 35s5 in our yard

Kinda beat up..but thats why it's in the yard I guess.

I never noticed a small round port in your hull where the s is in the
35s5 emblem Rob.
Is yours the same way?
The owner just bought her, and was doing some weird measuring off the
wing keel. I think he was a swede and couldnt understand him much. He
will be a few days, maybe when he's not so busy I'll ask for a quick
tour. It's named the Promise II.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I never noticed a small round port in your hull where the s is in the
35s5 emblem Rob.
Is yours the same way?

Yep...I have the same little fixed ports, one in the head below the
opening port and one in the aft stateroom also below the opening port.
They let in a bit of light, but do little else.

You can see the port easily here as the 35s5 decal was removed.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/spflorida.jpg

Promise II was a 1992 boat I checked out through some friends. Her
asking price was really high and she was not in the same great shape as
my boat. She also has the white cushions which are a lot of trouble of
course.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. Rob wrote:
I never noticed a small round port in your hull where the s is in the
35s5 emblem Rob.
Is yours the same way?

Yep...I have the same little fixed ports, one in the head below the
opening port and one in the aft stateroom also below the opening port.
They let in a bit of light, but do little else.

You can see the port easily here as the 35s5 decal was removed.

Ahh....OK...Looks better without the decal IMO.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/spflorida.jpg

Promise II was a 1992 boat I checked out through some friends. Her
asking price was really high and she was not in the same great shape as
my boat.

She was put away wet for sure, the sails look tired, has a few nasty
scratches thru the gel,
canvas is trashed, crappy wipping on the wheel, and needs a major
polishing has the haze look all over. Yours looks 10X better. But
thats why he has it in the yard right....Maybe...

She also has the white cushions which are a lot of trouble of
course.

Did not go aboard yet.

Joe

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

I never noticed a small round port in your hull where the s is in the
35s5 emblem Rob.
Is yours the same way?

Yep...I have the same little fixed ports, one in the head below the
opening port and one in the aft stateroom also below the opening port.
They let in a bit of light, but do little else.

You can see the port easily here as the 35s5 decal was removed.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/spflorida.jpg

Nice photo of you in the companionway, Bubbles. g

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nice photo of you in the companionway, Bubbles.

That old fellow was aboard Tenacious during the Fastnet disaster. His
study had photos of him at the helm of boats most of us can only dream
of sailing, from giant tri-hulls to Pywacket herself. Windward 1st was
his second 35s5, but bad knees made him sell it to me. He still races
his Tartan Ten which is a boat he can negotiate due to flush decks. He
was supposed to visit us over the summer but his health is not good at
present. After working hard and now working with local charities, all
he wants in the world is to keep sailing. Getting old really sucks.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Getting old really sucks.

Yeah, but it beats the alternative.

Cheers
Marty
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------
For a secure high performance FTP using SSL/TLS encryption
upgrade to SurgeFTP
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgeftp.htm ----
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt.Mooron wrote:
That has to be the smallest 35 footer I have ever seen.

I thought the same, it looks like a small boat for a 35 ftr.

Joe

CM-

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

I never noticed a small round port in your hull where the s is in the
35s5 emblem Rob.
Is yours the same way?

Yep...I have the same little fixed ports, one in the head below the
opening port and one in the aft stateroom also below the opening port.
They let in a bit of light, but do little else.

You can see the port easily here as the 35s5 decal was removed.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/spflorida.jpg

Promise II was a 1992 boat I checked out through some friends. Her
asking price was really high and she was not in the same great shape as
my boat. She also has the white cushions which are a lot of trouble of
course.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
Capt.Mooron wrote:
That has to be the smallest 35 footer I have ever seen.

I thought the same, it looks like a small boat for a 35 ftr.

She's certainly no Catalina 36. And a Oceanus of the same size feels
like a whale by comparison. But she has a lot more room than the J34c
or Tartan 34 we looked at. In person and on deck she's actually pretty
roomy and deck and cockpit space is friendly compared to many others.
Also keep in mind that the pic with Arthur on deck is deceptive. Arthur
is taller than me!

http://www.comunidaddebarcos.com/fotos/ACF8029.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Capt.Mooron wrote:
That has to be the smallest 35 footer I have ever seen.

I thought the same, it looks like a small boat for a 35 ftr.

No wonder Bobsprit can't get his "main" ...all the way up! I bet his boat
would look "full size" to a Japanese tourist.

CM-

Beneteau 35s5 vs. Express 30 Capt. Rob ASA 10 July 17th 06 11:31 AM
35s5 vs Express 30 Capt. Rob ASA 34 December 13th 05 02:59 PM
35s5 Continued.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 15th 05 11:31 PM
35s5 overall.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 15th 05 03:48 PM