posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default 35s5 in our yard

Capt. Rob wrote:
Joe wrote:
Capt.Mooron wrote:
That has to be the smallest 35 footer I have ever seen.

I thought the same, it looks like a small boat for a 35 ftr.

She's certainly no Catalina 36. And a Oceanus of the same size feels
like a whale by comparison. But she has a lot more room than the J34c
or Tartan 34 we looked at. In person and on deck she's actually pretty
roomy and deck and cockpit space is friendly compared to many others.
Also keep in mind that the pic with Arthur on deck is deceptive. Arthur
is taller than me!

I was talking about seeing it in person not the pictures. Just looked
small for a 35+ ftr. I know it's not, but still without the big 35s5
sticker on the side you might guess it's a 30 ftr. I think it's all the
length added with the stern steps making the hull look small. I'm still
trying to figure out what he was measuring yesterday. He was measuring
off the wings on the keel aft at weird angles. Also I thought the prop
shaft was awful light weight. He has a 3 blade fixed prop. Rudder
looked kinda small for a 35+ft too.

Joe

http://www.comunidaddebarcos.com/fotos/ACF8029.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Also keep in mind that the pic with Arthur on deck is deceptive. Arthur
is taller than me!

http://www.comunidaddebarcos.com/fotos/ACF8029.jpg

The photo you posted is from the International "Little People" Regatta. The
boat in the photo is manned by dwarves!

It's the smallest 35 footer I've ever seen... seriously. the LWL on that
boat must be like what... 25' ??? You must keep a squirty bottle of baby
oil and a pair of shoe horns near the companionway just to get inside the
boat. No wonder you need AC!!! Maybe if you had a larger boat.... you could
get your "main" all the way up.

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:

Capt.Mooron wrote:
That has to be the smallest 35 footer I have ever seen.

I thought the same, it looks like a small boat for a 35 ftr.

That's because it was made using French feet!

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Joe wrote:
Capt.Mooron wrote:
That has to be the smallest 35 footer I have ever seen.

I thought the same, it looks like a small boat for a 35 ftr.

She's certainly no Catalina 36. And a Oceanus of the same size feels
like a whale by comparison. But she has a lot more room than the J34c
or Tartan 34 we looked at. In person and on deck she's actually pretty
roomy and deck and cockpit space is friendly compared to many others.
Also keep in mind that the pic with Arthur on deck is deceptive. Arthur
is taller than me!

http://www.comunidaddebarcos.com/fotos/ACF8029.jpg

Hey! Nice spin. strim there!

Cheers
Marty
For a quality usenet news server, try DNEWS, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. For home servers or carrier class
installations with millions of users it will allow you to grow!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dnews.htm ----
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Nice photo of you in the companionway, Bubbles.

That old fellow was aboard Tenacious during the Fastnet disaster. His
study had photos of him at the helm of boats most of us can only dream
of sailing, from giant tri-hulls to Pywacket herself. Windward 1st was
his second 35s5, but bad knees made him sell it to me. He still races
his Tartan Ten which is a boat he can negotiate due to flush decks. He
was supposed to visit us over the summer but his health is not good at
present. After working hard and now working with local charities, all
he wants in the world is to keep sailing. Getting old really sucks.

There is an alternative of which you could avail yourself, Bubbles. ;-)

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Can't say that I'd mistake her for a 30 footer, nor has anyone else. I
think she looks 33-34 feet because of the platform and sleek hullform.
No one has ever mentioned a problem with the light weight rudder as far
as I know. The prop shaft is small to save weight. No record of any
problems there either.
I have an idea that the guy is planning to fare those wings. Several
folks have done it with impressive race wins, most recently a 35s5 won
the Quadrosolo of the Atlantic in 2005.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. Rob wrote:
Can't say that I'd mistake her for a 30 footer, nor has anyone else. I
think she looks 33-34 feet because of the platform and sleek hullform.

yeah sleek small looking hull, thats it..still looks sall for a 35 ftr.

No one has ever mentioned a problem with the light weight rudder as far
as I know.

May be OK for the boat

The prop shaft is small to save weight. No record of any
problems there either.

Shouldent unless it's fouled, and bevt, not any chance of running it
aground.

I have an idea that the guy is planning to fare those wings.

Your right he was at it tonight

Several
folks have done it with impressive race wins, most recently a 35s5 won
the Quadrosolo of the Atlantic in 2005.

You should race Rob. Once or twice anyway

Joe

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You should race Rob. Once or twice anyway

Joe, I did race on J24s for a short while. I didn't love it. I do
respect it (in spite of my trolls here) for it's impressive teaching
value.
If I planned to get into racing I'd buy a boat I could race one design.
Most of my friends race PHRF and there's a lot of griping about
ratings, gear and so on. A few years ago we had a 35s5 near here that
raced and did very well, but the owner had a serious crew and far more
experience than I have time to acquire for now.
I'm just having fun.

RB
35s5
NY

Beneteau 35s5 vs. Express 30 Capt. Rob ASA 10 July 17th 06 11:31 AM
35s5 vs Express 30 Capt. Rob ASA 34 December 13th 05 02:59 PM
35s5 Continued.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 15th 05 11:31 PM
35s5 overall.... Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 15th 05 03:48 PM