posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Survivor Cook Islands Schooner

Did anyone see the opening sequence of this season's Survivor?

The schooner was so heavily laden it was hobby horsing so
badly I would not have been suprised if someone was pitched
overboard.

She has an overall length of 85 feet, a beam of 16 feet, draft 8.5,
and displaces 60 tons. I'm guess it is 65' on deck. It tops out
at 9 knots according to one article--that seems quite slow for a
vessel its LWL.

Links:
http://www.tucker.co.nz/

http://www.survivorfever.net/s13_shi...vivor_6_7.html

http://www.tikitouring.co.nz/bay-of-...r-thompson.htm

Picture on San Francisco Bay under shortened sail:
http://www.boatingsf.com/photopage.p...to=365&boat=39

Better shots:
http://graphicslib.viator.com/graphi...ours/RTT_3.jpg
http://www.tourism.net.nz/new-zealan...tall-ship2.jpg
http://www.boatingsf.com/photos/0814...1_edited-1.jpg

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Bart wrote:
Did anyone see the opening sequence of this season's Survivor?

Yeah, hopefully they made enough money for a bottom job off the
Gig...they need it.
Did you see the growth on the bottom?

Joe

The schooner was so heavily laden it was hobby horsing so
badly I would not have been suprised if someone was pitched
overboard.

She has an overall length of 85 feet, a beam of 16 feet, draft 8.5,
and displaces 60 tons. I'm guess it is 65' on deck. It tops out
at 9 knots according to one article--that seems quite slow for a
vessel its LWL.

Links:
http://www.tucker.co.nz/

http://www.survivorfever.net/s13_shi...vivor_6_7.html

http://www.tikitouring.co.nz/bay-of-...r-thompson.htm

Picture on San Francisco Bay under shortened sail:
http://www.boatingsf.com/photopage.p...to=365&boat=39

Better shots:
http://graphicslib.viator.com/graphi...ours/RTT_3.jpg
http://www.tourism.net.nz/new-zealan...tall-ship2.jpg
http://www.boatingsf.com/photos/0814...1_edited-1.jpg

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Bart wrote:
Did anyone see the opening sequence of this season's Survivor?

The schooner was so heavily laden it was hobby horsing so
badly I would not have been suprised if someone was pitched
overboard.

She has an overall length of 85 feet, a beam of 16 feet, draft 8.5,
and displaces 60 tons. I'm guess it is 65' on deck. It tops out
at 9 knots according to one article--that seems quite slow for a
vessel its LWL.

Good looking boat... I wonder if they were carrying a load
of refrigerators, generators, & other heavy equipment for
the "survivors" and it was stowed poorly; causing the
hobby-horsing.

I would also think it would go faster than 9 knots, but in
the SF Bay pic they are shortened down quite a lot. Slow!

Fresh BReezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
Bart wrote:
Did anyone see the opening sequence of this season's Survivor?

Yeah, hopefully they made enough money for a bottom job off the
Gig...they need it.
Did you see the growth on the bottom?

I don't recall now. I do recall trying to figure out what the crap was
hanging
off the front (rafts I discovered later), and trying to read the name
of
the vessel (unreadable).