posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Sailing towards disaster? ...guns guns guns

DSK wrote:
http://www.dallasguns.com/media/150_1.jpg way better than a pistol
and just about as easy to manuver in tight areas.

Yeah but it's difficult to wear discreetly under a sports
jacket.

Joe wrote:
All you need is a trench coat.

I'm not necessarily talking concealment, just discretion &
style. And one can wear a moderate sized pistol on a belt
and still carry out work requiring both hands & some
exertion (climbing around on & under machinery for example).

A tactical sling works well on the AR, you can use both hand and not
have the weapon flopping around.

And in the course of everyday life taken a turn for the
worse, what possible scenario requires a 30 round clip?

A pack of 3-4 kick in burglers..multi intruders ect. Houston ever
since Katrina has had a rash of violent gang type murders robberies.

If
you can't solve the problem with eight bullets (or more
realistically, just two in the right place) then you
obviously ****ed up really *really* bad.

Not so, and if someone boards the boat in the middle of the night, it
might take me 3-4 rounds to get on target. The person ****in up is the
one forcing entry ect. Last time someone boarded my boat in the middle
of the night it was 3 people.

An assault rifle is
for assault, not personal protection.

I wan't to assault the hell out of anyone who I feel a need to point a
gun at.

.... A 10 mm Glock is pretty bulky too.

Yep.
Plus I have never been comfortable with the idea of plastic
guns. Perhaps I should look into carbon fiber ones

More cops carry Glocks than any other auto

If you need to conceal.. then a Walter PPK or Colt hammerless pocket
pony are good choices.

My personal fave is the Colt Mustang .380 which is a baby
M1911 even to the way it breaks down. Accurate, safe,
reliable... not hammerless though.

Seen em..nice

Joe

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Sailing towards disaster?

Martin Baxter wrote:
Joe wrote:

DSK wrote:
over 100,000 women fended off robbers and rapist with guns last year.

Can you a cite a source for this number?

C. Kelly's book "Blown Away" a study of American women and guns. BTW 17
million ( and growing) women in the USA carry guns.

Boy Dave and Max would have a field day with her, a Canadian, work
published in both the New York Times and the Washington post!

The book was published in 2004, so the figure you cite is not for "last
year". Kellys number for gun ownership is between 11 and 17 million, I
see you have chosen the higher.

Not having read the book I'd still like to know were the number came
from, (100,000 women fended of robbers...).

It was more like 130,000 women defended themselfs with guns last year.

I forget were I saw the exact figure, but it was right after the last
school shooting spree.

With 17 million women packing don't you think 130K would use them in
an average year?
I bet women pull pistols allot faster than a man would.

Joe

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Joe wrote:
A pack of 3-4 kick in burglers..multi intruders ect. Houston ever
since Katrina has had a rash of violent gang type murders robberies.

If you shoot one & he falls dead to the floor, the others
will almost certainly start running like hell. I don't know
about Texas, but here one cannot claim self-defense after
shooting people in the back.

If you shoot one & he falls dead to the floor, and the
others start shooting at you, then you shot the wrong one.
And you still have 6 bullets left, so as long as they're not
very good shots (which most crooks aren't) you still have as
much chance as when you started.

.... If
you can't solve the problem with eight bullets (or more
realistically, just two in the right place) then you
obviously ****ed up really *really* bad.

Not so, and if someone boards the boat in the middle of the night, it
might take me 3-4 rounds to get on target. The person ****in up is the
one forcing entry ect.

Agreed, but *you* ****ed up too... by parking in that
neighborhood.

... Last time someone boarded my boat in the middle
of the night it was 3 people.

So? With an eight round clip that gives you two extra
bullets. Joe, you need to make friends with some law
enforcement types & get in some time with rigorous
double-tapping drills.

More cops carry Glocks than any other auto

I have only looked at a few and that was years ago, I was
not impressed and don't like DA autos anyway. But it could
well be that the Glock is a super utility weapon, but it
could also be that it is aggressively marketed to the right
purchasing agencies.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Joe wrote:
A pack of 3-4 kick in burglers..multi intruders ect. Houston ever
since Katrina has had a rash of violent gang type murders robberies.

If you shoot one & he falls dead to the floor, the others
will almost certainly start running like hell. I don't know
about Texas, but here one cannot claim self-defense after
shooting people in the back.

Here you have a right to use deadly force to protect life and property.

If you shoot one & he falls dead to the floor, and the
others start shooting at you, then you shot the wrong one.

Again at night, it's dark and the door has been forced open (with
Skipper barking like crazy Terry yelling and me yelling I' going to
shoot) I'm going to start blasting in the general direction (taking
care not to hit the Newmar breaker panel) and steadyup on target later.
I would be very aggressive I assure you. The rash of kick in burglers
have shown they are very willing to kill.

And you still have 6 bullets left, so as long as they're not
very good shots (which most crooks aren't) you still have as
much chance as when you started.

First off I have easy access to 6 other 30 rd clips, I would have all
the chances I need ;0)

.... If
you can't solve the problem with eight bullets (or more
realistically, just two in the right place) then you
obviously ****ed up really *really* bad.

Not so, and if someone boards the boat in the middle of the night, it
might take me 3-4 rounds to get on target. The person ****in up is the
one forcing entry ect.

Agreed, but *you* ****ed up too... by parking in that
neighborhood.

Some of the recent high profile Katrina murders here in Houston are in
some very affluent neighborhoods. One of the many M.O.'s if following
housewifes home from the grocery store or bank and assulting them in
the driveways, ransacking the house, while one goes to the ATM and
emptys the bank accounts.

... Last time someone boarded my boat in the middle
of the night it was 3 people.

So? With an eight round clip that gives you two extra
bullets. Joe, you need to make friends with some law
enforcement types & get in some time with rigorous
double-tapping drills.

That would be fun, the best marine shop in the yard the owner is into
shooting big time, re-loads, ect. Has a rifle range in the shop. He
lets me shoot any time after hours, good place to sight in the scope on
the .22 when the rat population get outta hand.

More cops carry Glocks than any other auto

I have only looked at a few and that was years ago, I was
not impressed and don't like DA autos anyway. But it could
well be that the Glock is a super utility weapon, but it
could also be that it is aggressively marketed to the right
purchasing agencies.

Assault tupperware. The 10mm is nice, 1.4lbs with a full 19 rd clip
IIRC.
I don't care for them either.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
Well, excuuuuuse me. I couldn't remember the term, lever action.

Thats why you're a liberal. You have a gun, because thats your right,
but would rather hang it on the wall with a daisy in the barrell then
learn how to use it. Or god forbid Join and learn how to use one while
in the military.

It's not
rusting. It's in a nice case with water-aborbant, and it was cleaned and
properly oiled when I put it way.

Baby oil or Rose Scented oil?

Don't want to sell it, since I'll need
something to defend myself with when the storm troopers show up.

I thought the storm troppers tactics that flourished under Clinton and
Reno are things of the past.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Why do you think I don't know how to use a gun?

Seems to me that listening to US citizens, torturing people who have not
been charged with a crime, and if that's not possible under US law, sending
them to foreign countries to be tortured is something the Bushco
administration excells at. Starting a war of choice rather than necessity
seems to be more in line with storm trooper tactics.

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Capt. JG wrote:
Well, excuuuuuse me. I couldn't remember the term, lever action.

Thats why you're a liberal. You have a gun, because thats your right,
but would rather hang it on the wall with a daisy in the barrell then
learn how to use it. Or god forbid Join and learn how to use one while
in the military.

It's not
rusting. It's in a nice case with water-aborbant, and it was cleaned and
properly oiled when I put it way.

Baby oil or Rose Scented oil?

Don't want to sell it, since I'll need
something to defend myself with when the storm troopers show up.

I thought the storm troppers tactics that flourished under Clinton and
Reno are things of the past.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
Why do you think I don't know how to use a gun?

Because you are not familar with the guns you own maybe????

Seems to me that listening to US citizens, torturing people who have not
been charged with a crime, and if that's not possible under US law, sending
them to foreign countries to be tortured is something the Bushco
administration excells at. Starting a war of choice rather than necessity
seems to be more in line with storm trooper tactics.

So are you saying you are going to Iraq to fight our troops? Remember
you're keeping your guns to ward of storm troopers.

Joe

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Capt. JG wrote:
Well, excuuuuuse me. I couldn't remember the term, lever action.

Thats why you're a liberal. You have a gun, because thats your right,
but would rather hang it on the wall with a daisy in the barrell then
learn how to use it. Or god forbid Join and learn how to use one while
in the military.

It's not
rusting. It's in a nice case with water-aborbant, and it was cleaned and
properly oiled when I put it way.

Baby oil or Rose Scented oil?

Don't want to sell it, since I'll need
something to defend myself with when the storm troopers show up.

I thought the storm troppers tactics that flourished under Clinton and
Reno are things of the past.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

More likely it's been a few years since I used the term. Why are you so
desperate to prove that I don't know anything about guns?

I wouldn't be going to Iraq to fight our troops even if I agreed that we
should be in Iraq. Also, I'm a bit old for that sh*t anyway. The storm
troopers are here, run by the right-wingnuts if they get there way.

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Capt. JG wrote:
Why do you think I don't know how to use a gun?

Because you are not familar with the guns you own maybe????

Seems to me that listening to US citizens, torturing people who have not
been charged with a crime, and if that's not possible under US law,
sending
them to foreign countries to be tortured is something the Bushco
administration excells at. Starting a war of choice rather than necessity
seems to be more in line with storm trooper tactics.

So are you saying you are going to Iraq to fight our troops? Remember
you're keeping your guns to ward of storm troopers.

Joe

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Capt. JG wrote:
Well, excuuuuuse me. I couldn't remember the term, lever action.

Thats why you're a liberal. You have a gun, because thats your right,
but would rather hang it on the wall with a daisy in the barrell then
learn how to use it. Or god forbid Join and learn how to use one while
in the military.

It's not
rusting. It's in a nice case with water-aborbant, and it was cleaned
and
properly oiled when I put it way.

Baby oil or Rose Scented oil?

Don't want to sell it, since I'll need
something to defend myself with when the storm troopers show up.

I thought the storm troppers tactics that flourished under Clinton and
Reno are things of the past.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 13 Oct 2006 07:02:22 -0700, "Joe" wrote:

snippity-snip

But your right, why carry a pistol when you can own a AR-15 shorty
carbine with a 30 round clip?

Damn Joe! If it has a feed spring it's a magazine. A clip doesn't
have a spring to feed the rounds.
Get with it. )
Mark E. Williams

http://www.dallasguns.com/media/150_1.jpg way better than a pistol
and just about as easy to manuver in tight areas.

Joe

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
More likely it's been a few years since I used the term. Why are you so
desperate to prove that I don't know anything about guns?

Desperate? Any Winchester is easy to use...ie Lever action.
Thats OK Jon Keep your gun.

I wouldn't be going to Iraq to fight our troops even if I agreed that we
should be in Iraq.

Thats good, if you do not agree, are you going?

Also, I'm a bit old for that sh*t anyway.

Your never to old to fight for freedom, liberty and the American way.

The storm
troopers are here, run by the right-wingnuts if they get there way.

dirty *******!

Joe

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Capt. JG wrote:
Why do you think I don't know how to use a gun?

Because you are not familar with the guns you own maybe????

Seems to me that listening to US citizens, torturing people who have not
been charged with a crime, and if that's not possible under US law,
sending
them to foreign countries to be tortured is something the Bushco
administration excells at. Starting a war of choice rather than necessity
seems to be more in line with storm trooper tactics.

So are you saying you are going to Iraq to fight our troops? Remember
you're keeping your guns to ward of storm troopers.

Joe

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 September 24th 04 05:22 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 February 28th 04 09:08 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 February 14th 04 08:56 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 January 30th 04 09:36 AM