posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Force 5 stove report

Well we had the force 5 in the galley for about 6-8 mo. now.

What a fuel saver, the gas will last about 3 times as long as with
other stoves like Attwoods ect..
Has no pilot light to waste fuel.

Easy to clean, solid HD stainless steel.

Nothing but positive things to say about the stove.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Joe wrote:
Well we had the force 5 in the galley for about 6-8 mo. now.

What a fuel saver, the gas will last about 3 times as long as with
other stoves like Attwoods ect..
Has no pilot light to waste fuel.

Easy to clean, solid HD stainless steel.

Nothing but positive things to say about the stove.

Sounds very good. Is it a 3-burner or 4? How big is the oven
and how well does the thermostat on it work?

Most people don't use their oven but we like bisquits (easy
to make) and pies (a bit more of a challenge) and while I
have learned to make beer bread in a pressure cooker, I have
not yet figured out how to make sweet potato pie in a
pressure cooker.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

DSK wrote:
Joe wrote:
Well we had the force 5 in the galley for about 6-8 mo. now.

What a fuel saver, the gas will last about 3 times as long as with
other stoves like Attwoods ect..
Has no pilot light to waste fuel.

Easy to clean, solid HD stainless steel.

Nothing but positive things to say about the stove.

Sounds very good. Is it a 3-burner or 4? How big is the oven
and how well does the thermostat on it work?

3 18X12X14 with 5 rack shelves. Mines manual with a temp gauge, has a
broiler as well for browning the pie tops! You are the thermostat,
takes a bit getting use to. Mine second hand rebuildt like new. The new
ones have a thermostats.

Joe

Most people don't use their oven but we like bisquits (easy
to make) and pies (a bit more of a challenge) and while I
have learned to make beer bread in a pressure cooker, I have
not yet figured out how to make sweet potato pie in a
pressure cooker.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I have a two-burner low pressure alcohol system (no oven). I'm thinking
about converting it to CNG. a propane conversion isn't recommended by Sabre,
apparently. I think it has to do with the difficulty of installation.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well we had the force 5 in the galley for about 6-8 mo. now.

What a fuel saver, the gas will last about 3 times as long as with
other stoves like Attwoods ect..
Has no pilot light to waste fuel.

Easy to clean, solid HD stainless steel.

Nothing but positive things to say about the stove.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I have a two-burner low pressure alcohol system (no oven).

I'm thinking
about converting it to CNG. a propane conversion isn't

recommended by Sabre,
apparently. I think it has to do with the difficulty of

installation.

Most likely. You can mount a CNG tank anywhere. Mine is
under the starboard settee, next to the stove. . You do need
a small vent to the outside. Is there tank exchange places
near you?

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
I have a two-burner low pressure alcohol system (no oven). I'm thinking
about converting it to CNG. a propane conversion isn't recommended by Sabre,
apparently. I think it has to do with the difficulty of installation.

You can even mount your tank outside. Alcohol is more dangerious IMO.

Joe

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well we had the force 5 in the galley for about 6-8 mo. now.

What a fuel saver, the gas will last about 3 times as long as with
other stoves like Attwoods ect..
Has no pilot light to waste fuel.

Easy to clean, solid HD stainless steel.

Nothing but positive things to say about the stove.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Doug,

I had an inverter on "Pneuma" for my Micro Oven but I also like
biscuits; so I also had a Toaster Oven. My crew use to kid me about my
$2000.00 biscuits.

I could bake a 7" pie in the Toaster Oven but I only did it when I had
Shore Power hook-up. Just to much battery drain for a pie.

The biscuits though, Ah yes! 12 minutes of toaster oven time were more
than worth it. I'd run the engine to help the batteries for the inverter
draw.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/IDONTFEELGOOD

posted to alt.sailing.asa

DSK wrote:

to make) and pies (a bit more of a challenge) and while I
have learned to make beer bread in a pressure cooker,

How? sounds good!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

CNG is a pain to find. You need a good bilge
blower for propane. You can do it if you want
it Jon. It is not that hard.

Capt. JG wrote:
I have a two-burner low pressure alcohol system (no oven). I'm thinking
about converting it to CNG. a propane conversion isn't recommended by Sabre,
apparently. I think it has to do with the difficulty of installation.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
ps.com...
CNG is a pain to find.

Not around the Chesapeake Bay.

Scotty

Riding the Tide Scott Vernon ASA 171 October 24th 04 05:29 AM
Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
REQ: Crack for Maxsea V10 patrice Tall Ships 1 August 2nd 03 01:53 AM